What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Got it. I guess we should ignore the low RT and IMDB reviews of people complaining for the same reasons and listen to your divine opinion instead.

There's a difference between a bad movie with a theme and the movie being bad because of it. That's the twisted and hypocritical view your type has. 

Again, you would never say a movie is bad because of sexism or racism. You would note points about the story, directing, acting or editing.

Again, you spent two months defending a choose your own softcore sexual harassment adventure because the theme of tricking women into liking you is a topic you have great interest in. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

There's a difference between a bad movie with a theme and the movie being bad because of it. That's the twisted and hypocritical view your type has. 

Again, you would never say a movie is bad because of sexism or racism. You would note points about the story, directing, acting or editing.

Again, you spent two months defending a choose your own softcore sexual harassment adventure because the theme of tricking women into liking you is a topic you have great interest in. 

Get off your high horse :D The movie is bad, plain and simple. Im not going to continue explaining why if you're not going to bother actually watching it and gaining the credibility to argue about it. You're just using it as an excuse to call me out because you're just constantly butthurt about everything.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Get off your high horse :D The movie is bad, plain and simple. Im not going to continue explaining why if you're not going to bother actually watching it and gaining the credibility to argue about it. You're just using it as an excuse to call me out because you're just constantly butthurt about everything.

You make this same complaint every few days about movies or games so please fuck off with that noise. I have no doubt that it sucks. 

The only "explanation" you gave is the same one you always make about "wokeness" ruining something that sucks in every other way to begin with. 

On 2021-07-20 at 9:16 PM, Ike said:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2570673/old-has-screened-people-saying-m-night-shyamalan-thriller

Early impressions for Shyamalan’s new film are very positive. :obama:

I'd be shocked if he could fix that story.

Did I ever post that French-Canadian guy's short visual novel? because I read it like 8 to 10 months ago, and I didn't even know they were making a movie.

There's no way Shyamalan would translate his novel, exactly the way its written. Movie executives wouldn't allow it, because it comes off quite perverse with the idea of children wanting to have sex.

but not only that, its sci-fi elements are rather weak, and never given a good, satisfying explanation. And it definitely tries to imply that there is something sci-fi going on, but they never follow through on it.

and ultimately it cops out by ending the story as a morality tale, like "time is always moving forward, whether we like it or not, and instead of trying to figure out what is going on, you're just losing time."

it feels deep for like 15 whole  minutes before you forget about it.

i hope dexter will own, i actually stopped the tv show right there when

Spoiler

debra found dexter like this and she completely changed instantely trying to help him and cover shit up. 

didn't even bother with the rest, by that time i didnt even know the ending will be a mess apparently but her reaction was just retarded.

I watched Old. The premise was cool, but the execution was hit/miss. It was as “ok” as a movie gets. It wasn’t bad or good. It was laughably silly in parts, yet quite interesting in others. When it was all done, it just felt like a 2 star (out of 4) flick. I didn’t hate it, but I really wanted to like it more. I will say, silliness aside, it got me a bit depressed near the end (so, one theme was pretty damn effective). The 4 other people I saw it with liked it. I can’t recommend it, but if it looks intriguing to you, give it a shot. 

• Upvote 1

Been trying to clear out my DVR since I'm switching TV services.

Watching Terrance Malick's A Hidden Life. And its, uh.......definitely a Terrance Malick film.

Pretty straightforward story that could be told in about 30 minutes, but its stretched out to 3 hours and feels like a semi-blissful dream with internal monologues.

Makes me want to visit and stay in a small village in the German Alps for like a year.

Then I finally saw Monty Python's Holy Grail.  Very funny in parts, and was considerably easier to watch than The Meaning of Life.

Then finally saw Judas and the Black Messiah. Very good movie, didn't know about the story of Fred Hampton. And they did a good job of how they portrayed the FBI informant somewhat straddling the line into starting to believe in the cause, but he's still just looking out for his own ass.

Watched more DVR'd movies.

Inadvertently had an Ethan Hawke, double-feature. Before Sunset, finally saw that. And boy is it a considerably better, sharper movie than Before Sunrise. No surprise, both the director and the actors are pretty much in their prime, here. Before Sunrise feels meandering, I was watching it in the background, not really paying attention. It still felt really 90's. But Before Sunset is more to-the-point, and has definitely aged better. Pleasant movie, its easy to watch.

First Reformed. Uh, this is a weird movie. And Ethan Hawke does a great job. Its a movie that starts out like its grounded in reality, but then it starts changing those rules. It even gets a little into Taxi Driver territory. I don't think most people will be satisfied with the ending.

And lastly, I just saw Room, the 2015 movie. Holy shit. I can't think of a more unique, emotional movie from this past decade. Its automatically a contender for one of the best movies of this past decade.

If you have not seen it, and do not know much about this movie, I strongly recommend you watch this movie without knowing about it. Do not watch it in front of people you don't want to get emotional in front of. This movie has alot of things happening, and it may be tough to watch sometimes. But it has one of the most tense scenes I have ever seen, in any movie. I find it hard to think of another scene in which something is happening that has so much at stake, and you are absolutely captivated and hanging on. Amazing movie.