Jump to content

What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought Sicario 4K UHD blu-ray at Best Buy for $13.

 

And it comes in an absolutely bitchin' steelbook with some skulls and gun imagery. Best Buy has actually improved their steelbook designs, and they no longer have that annoying piece of paper hanging off the back of it that has the movie specs and details. Its now a slick transparent plastic sleeve that fits with the steelbook's artwork.

 

oh my gawd, the movie is already fantastic to watch and hear when I bought the 4K digital copy months ago, I can only hope that the visuals and audio are even higher quality on the UHD disc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-11-21 at 2:21 PM, Mr. Impossible said:

Cowboy Bebop ends stronger than it starts, but it's still a disappointment. They definitely made  a trajectory for season 2 to be much better. 

 

Hellbound is pretty good. Not Squid Game level, but definitely worth watching. 

 

I thought the demons/monsters in Hellbound looked so cheesy that they put me off of checking it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are people aware that the Ghostbusters movie just came out this past weekend?

 

I was barely aware of it. I didn't even see many tv commercials last week.

 

But it made $44 million dollars this weekend, completely surpassing expectations for a movie during this time.

 

Its becoming very clear that people don't want original movies, nor are they willing to pay to see original movies.

 

The Last Duel didn't make any money, Last Night in Soho didn't make any money, but Venom and Ghostbuster movies did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Are people aware that the Ghostbusters movie just came out this past weekend?

 

I was barely aware of it. I didn't even see many tv commercials last week.

 

But it made $44 million dollars this weekend, completely surpassing expectations for a movie during this time.

 

Its becoming very clear that people don't want original movies, nor are they willing to pay to see original movies.

 

The Last Duel didn't make any money, Last Night in Soho didn't make any money, but Venom and Ghostbuster movies did.

I didn't realize it had come out already, tbf I haven't paid attention to in theater releases. What I read was a good response and I admit to being a huge Ghostbusters mark so I'm interested. 

 

I do want to see Last Night in Soho and the new Wes Anderson movie. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-11-21 at 8:21 PM, Mr. Impossible said:

Cowboy Bebop ends stronger than it starts, but it's still a disappointment. They definitely made  a trajectory for season 2 to be much better. 

 

Hellbound is pretty good. Not Squid Game level, but definitely worth watching. 

 

tbh I think the whole show is more slice of life than it follows a straight plot. I only know the arc for revenge for spike at the end? maybe it's time for a rewatch of the OG of course and not that soon to be life action garbage. 

 

thanks anyway to remind me to consider it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-11-22 at 6:36 AM, Snowman said:

While Dexter still isn't perfect, I've forgotten how much I've missed the series, especially when it was good. Loving this season so far

this is weird to me because I've never seen the finale I dropped it at the big revelation and hated it, stopped it right there.

 

I feel like I have to finish the OG series to continue with the new approach?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I didn't realize it had come out already, tbf I haven't paid attention to in theater releases. What I read was a good response and I admit to being a huge Ghostbusters mark so I'm interested. 

 

I do want to see Last Night in Soho and the new Wes Anderson movie. 

The Wes Anderson movie was ok. Visually striking, but messy storytelling.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kaz said:

this is weird to me because I've never seen the finale I dropped it at the big revelation and hated it, stopped it right there.

 

I feel like I have to finish the OG series to continue with the new approach?

Hmmm, so you watched most of S8 but then dropped it after a certain point? 

 

You could get by without finishing S8, but with how it's continuing on and it's all canon, I'd probably go ahead and finish the OG series. I dunno though, upto you. 

 

Dexter was never perfect, it always had a weak side and Michael C Hal was always the saving grace, and this new season is basically the same. Though, I'm enjoying the side characters for the most part, Harrison's actor has been solid so far and I was def skeptical how he'd fit into all of this, but so far so good imo. 

 

I've seen many say that Deb as the dark passenger is meh, but I enjoy her too. Brings out the darkness and shows how crazy Dex is. 

 

And the setting in sucha small town and being cold and isolated is a good change up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also because I saw Dexter when it aired all those years ago, when I revisited it not too long ago, I was able to skip parts I knew I hated and made everything much more enjoyable. :ben:

Edited by Snowman
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dexter New Blood Episode 3 

 

Spoiler

Just waiting for Harrison to show his true colors. He’s obviously got something darker going on. I think there’s a possibility a) He killed Hannah or b)Hannah is still alive. The scene with Deb and the chipper had me laugh out loud. I like this slow build up of who the blue eyed weirdo is. We know it can be either the billionaire douche or the dad of the dead douche. The high school chick is pretty hot. Ending was definitely a puzzling cliffhanger. Still enjoying it enough. I’m just hoping the payoff for all this is good. Because we’ve already seen Dexter trying to hide from a clever detective in season 2 and Lundy was LEAGUES better than this new guy. So hope they don’t spend too long on that. Michael C Hall still outstanding. He should hopefully get an Emmy if this entered as a limited series vs. a drama. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...