Jump to content

What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Last Night in Soho last night. I really liked it a lot. The performances are fantastic. The movie as with all Edgar Wright movies is gorgeously shot and directed. The soundtrack is a legit banger. I’d say it’s a better film than Baby Driver. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ike said:

Watched Last Night in Soho last night. I really liked it a lot. The performances are fantastic. The movie as with all Edgar Wright movies is gorgeously shot and directed. The soundtrack is a legit banger. I’d say it’s a better film than Baby Driver. 

Is it a musical? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-11-23 at 4:28 AM, kaz said:

 

tbh I think the whole show is more slice of life than it follows a straight plot. I only know the arc for revenge for spike at the end? maybe it's time for a rewatch of the OG of course and not that soon to be life action garbage. 

 

thanks anyway to remind me to consider it.

Yeah, the live action follows the Anime's disjointed pacing more or less. They are even named and numbered the exact same way of the OG show. The first episode is almost a tacky reenactment of the first ep of the Anime. The one thing they did well with the show is sort of expanding the character's backstories a bit. The two best episodes of the season were spent on Spike and Faye's backgrounds and making slight adjustments which felt a bit more cohesive. Spike's origin ep was actually pretty good even though the actor they have playing Vicious is an abortion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-11-22 at 10:29 PM, Mr. Impossible said:

The designs and cgi are bad, but they are also a small part of the show. It's not really about the three demons but how humanity reacts to the phenomenon. 

 

Somehow its 100% at RT. Ill check it out, so far My Name is my favorite Korean show this year thats not Squid Game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

 

Somehow its 100% at RT. Ill check it out, so far My Name is my favorite Korean show this year thats not Squid Game.

While I think that's a bit high, I'm glad it's reviewing well. First season is only 6 ep and definitely ends with an oh shit that sets up season 2.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Is it a musical? 

No lol :D 

 

It’s a horror/thriller movie. I only mention the soundtrack because it’s completely 60s music and such good music and so fitting the vibe of the movie. I also just learned the Taylor-Joy did actually single the song she performs in that movie. I keep getting a bigger and bigger crush on her as she is in more. :dreamy: 

 

I definitely think this right up yours and @Twinblade’s alley. Has definitely surged to the near top of my favorite films of 2021. It stuck with me all day. I doubt it’ll pass Dune as my movie of the year but I’m definitely itching to watch it again. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ike said:

No lol :D 

 

It’s a horror/thriller movie. I only mention the soundtrack because it’s completely 60s music and such good music and so fitting the vibe of the movie. I also just learned the Taylor-Joy did actually single the song she performs in that movie. I keep getting a bigger and bigger crush on her as she is in more. :dreamy: 

 

I definitely think this right up yours and @Twinblade’s alley. Has definitely surged to the near top of my favorite films of 2021. It stuck with me all day. I doubt it’ll pass Dune as my movie of the year but I’m definitely itching to watch it again. 

ha! one of my friends were fucking with me then. i wanted to see it until i heard it was some la la land BS. that fucker got me :D

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

ha! one of my friends were fucking with me then. i wanted to see it until i heard it was some la la land BS. that fucker got me :D

Went into cold. Horror and Edgar Wright was a insta-watch for me. It’s a good one. 

  • aitch 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll try to see it in a movie theater.

 

the thing is, I am not fully on board with Edgar Wright movies, because I don't like movies that are clever for the sake of being clever.

 

That feels smug, to me. Baby Driver was a little up its own ass, and I hated the main character, he had a punchable face.

 

Shockingly, I avoided Scott Pilgrim for an entire decade before I watched it, and I quite liked it, and I thought that was more stylish and fun than Baby Driver.

 

he's like Wes Anderson, in which his movies almost solely exist as an exercise in style. Whereas, I just want a good premise and a story that goes somewhere. Style should be the icing on the cake, not the entire cake itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, I have never seen Braveheart, and Amazon has this Buy 2, get 1 free sale on items.

 

And the 4K blu ray restoration of Braveheart is, apparently, quite good.

 

I have Gladiator and Inglorious Basterds selected. Is Braveheart worthy of "own and watch from time to time" status?

Edited by jehurey
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

By the way, I have never seen Braveheart, and Amazon has this Buy 2, get 1 free sale on items.

 

And the 4K blu ray restoration of Braveheart is, apparently, quite good.

 

I have Gladiator and Inglorious Basterds selected. Is Braveheart worthy of "own and watch from time to time" status?

hell yeah! epic flick!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...