What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

Showtime usually churns out some quality original programming. I’ve wanted to watch that Yellowjackets show as well. Just been so busy lately that I’m stuck in ep4 of Dexter. Station Eleven is definitely on my watch list  :mjcry: 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Enjoyed the Saul finale a lot. Thankful we got 14 years of this wonderful universe and brilliant creative, writing, and directing team. It was a wonderful journey. The little thanking thing with the a

Posted Images

On 2022-01-04 at 7:38 PM, -GD-X said:

I watched all 9 episodes of Dexter. Wow! What a return to form, fusing what made the OG great with some fantastic new elements. Oh, and ep 9 = one of the best in the series ever!

Reveal hidden contents

Dex and Harrison’s bond = awesome. Also, unlike many others, I love deb in it. 

Yeah, New Blood definitely still has some of the flaws the OG show had, but goddamn I didn't even care too much. I accepted a long time ago, this show has that fantasy element about it where you have to suspend your disbelief and the writing won't be as tight as say Better Call Saul or something like that.

Harrison surprised me, I had my doubts, but the kid who plays him does a pretty amazing job, he really is like Dexter Jr at times. And same, I've also enjoyed Deb this season too, showed you how much Dex has lost his mind compared to OG series.

Even if the finale is a let down, Episode 9, alone, was worth the admission imo. It really did take the best of old Dex and mixed it with what's helped make this season great 

Spoiler

We always knew what Dex does is fucked up, but this was really the first time they truly showed us a peak behind the curtain and gave us a different perspective. It was one of the few times in the show you're like "oh...yeah, that's right, this guy IS a monster". 

There was always some campiness to the kills, but not this time and it was beautifully chilling.

And Kurt's trophy room reveal, my god, that was spectacular. Just chef kisses

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Snowman said:

Yeah, New Blood definitely still has some of the flaws the OG show had, but goddamn I didn't even care too much. I accepted a long time ago, this show has that fantasy element about it where you have to suspend your disbelief and the writing won't be as tight as say Better Call Saul or something like that.

Harrison surprised me, I had my doubts, but the kid who plays him does a pretty amazing job, he really is like Dexter Jr at times. And same, I've also enjoyed Deb this season too, showed you how much Dex has lost his mind compared to OG series.

Even if the finale is a let down, Episode 9, alone, was worth the admission imo. It really did take the best of old Dex and mixed it with what's helped make this season great 

Hide contents

We always knew what Dex does is fucked up, but this was really the first time they truly showed us a peak behind the curtain and gave us a different perspective. It was one of the few times in the show you're like "oh...yeah, that's right, this guy IS a monster". 

There was always some campiness to the kills, but not this time and it was beautifully chilling.

And Kurt's trophy room reveal, my god, that was spectacular. Just chef kisses

That reveal was incredible! 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I think it’s going to be a polarizing ending for a lot of people, but I thought it was pretty fantastic. Won’t say much more to not risk spoiling it.

Spoiler

I’m expecting dexter to get arrested or die (hopefully, he’s Harrison’s first kill), hence, Harrison being the “new blood”. So pumped! 

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Couple others here big fans too, GD especially.

Euphoria S1 is one of the best produced seasons of a show I have ever seen. 

It’s such a masterpiece! Can’t wait! 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Finished Dexter. It ended exactly how I wanted it to end (with some twists getting there). I loved it, but I’m not sure others will feel the same.

The one thing I did want to see that didn't happen

Spoiler

Was a reunion between Dexter and Angel. Angel would have teamed up with Angela and they would have both arrested/interviewed Dexter, bringing up all the fucked up shit that he's done in the past while reminiscing about all the innocent people that have died as a result of his actions

I think there's a lot of interesting material here if they decide to make a season 2. Harrison could naturally become the next bay harbor butcher, and then they could bring back Michael C Hall and have him be Harrison's hallucination, much like Harry and Deb were Dexter's. 

Also in regards to the finale I really liked the symbolism, especially in the last scene. The events that lead to that point started with a shot in the snow covered woods, and the story ends on that same exact note. Interesting stuff.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

Was a reunion between Dexter and Angel. Angel would have teamed up with Angela and they would have both arrested/interviewed Dexter, bringing up all the fucked up shit that he's done in the past while reminiscing about all the innocent people that have died as a result of his actions

I think there's a lot of interesting material here if they decide to make a season 2. Harrison could naturally become the next bay harbor butcher, and then they could bring back Michael C Hall and have him be Harrison's hallucination, much like Harry and Deb were Dexter's. 

Also in regards to the finale I really liked the symbolism, especially in the last scene. The events that lead to that point started with a shot in the snow covered woods, and the story ends on that same exact note. Interesting stuff.

Excellent points! 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yeah agree with a lot of that. I loved the finale and thought it was a great redemption but it was really strange how they not only teased but very much set up multiple threads for a future hunt of Dexter with the full knowledge he was the Bay Harbour Butcher and then they just killed him. The whole Angel stuff seemed a bit pointless in hindsight. Why even have those scenes and him 'coming up' if we don't even get that moment of a reunion or a team up with him and Angela in S2. 

So it was overall great and the disappointment actually comes from how good of a setup they did for a future season which now won't eventuate. The Harrison future season is possible but it still robs a lot of huge moments for long time fans. It's sort of like in Breaking Bad if we never got the moment where Hank finds out about Walt they have the confrontation both knowing who they are.  

• Like 1