What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

8 hours ago, -GD-X said:

It sounds like it’s the best one since the original (one of my favorite films in this horror sub genre)

I actually don't think i've ever seen the original uncut from start to finish :D just edited chunks of it on network TV here and there when I was younger.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

oh man, i wish i could watch those few last eps of 3 for the first time again  

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I actually don't think i've ever seen the original uncut from start to finish :D just edited chunks of it on network TV here and there when I was younger.

Oh man. It was a classic! 2 is good too! 

I’m 5 eps into The Expanse’s 6 episode final season and I’m a bit underwhelmed. It’s been a lot of buildup with no sense of urgency and even less actual action or epic moments. If I went into it thinking it was a regular 8-10 ep season I would be satisfied with the direction they’re heading in, but for a short six part series finale it’s kind of shocking how much story momentum and intensity it lacks.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I’m 5 eps into The Expanse’s 6 episode final season and I’m a bit underwhelmed. It’s been a lot of buildup with no sense of urgency and even less actual action or epic moments. If I went into it thinking it was a regular 8-10 ep season I would be satisfied with the direction they’re heading in, but for a short six part series finale it’s kind of shocking how much story momentum and intensity it lacks.

i haven't watched it because of all of the disappointing feedback it's gotten. i'll eventually get around to it.

38 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i haven't watched it because of all of the disappointing feedback it's gotten. i'll eventually get around to it.

I looked at the amazon reviews and it seems that most people were just complaining about the fact that they're releasing the episodes one at a time, so I figured there wasn't anything actually wrong with the quality of the season. But that definitely changed when I started watched it. 

• Sad 1

So yeah shit finally pops off in the series finale of The Expanse but even then it still felt anti climatic. There are new characters and story threads brought up throughout the season that never go anywhere. This is the definitely the messiest the show has been and it should have ended on a higher note.

Just now, Twinblade said:

So yeah shit finally pops off in the series finale of The Expanse but even then it still felt anti climatic. There are new characters and story threads brought up throughout the season that never go anywhere. This is the definitely the messiest the show has been and it should have ended on a higher note.

i haven't watched it, but the series may bring spin-offs.

19 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i haven't watched it, but the series may bring spin-offs.

Yeah they must be planning something because this season left so much stuff open it’s ridiculous. It feels like they intended the show to continue but then decided this would be the final season of the main series towards the end of production. I saw some people speculate that amazon is cutting shows short because of how expensive their LOTR series is becoming which sort of makes sense.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

The Last Duel is now on HBO max, for those that didn't catch it in theaters.

Lol must be nice to be able to go to movie theatres. Canada sucks ass. Haven't been in 2 years. 

39 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Better than pretty cool 

Here’s my 4 ep impression:

”i think the minimalist, yet chilling, sound design is what has me on edge with archive 81. the filming/editing is pretty amazing too. it's definitely a hybrid of kubrick and lynch. the shots linger, letting the drones and swells work their magic to create true tension. there have only been a few jump scares. the show is all about its eerie atmosphere and trippy, puzzling mystery. even if the payoff ends up not being worth it, i'm fucking enjoying the ride!”