What are you watching, listening to, and reading? thread

On 2024-08-14 at 3:24 PM, -GD-X said:

is that thom on vocals? cool song. very kid a.

Yes. The Smile is his other band. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL 

Started Cowboy Bebop for the first time. It really is a great show. I should have waited til after the new show came out because I can't imagine it living up to this. 

Posted Images

On 2024-08-14 at 1:46 PM, Twinblade said:

Alien Romulus is at 81% on RT which is solid. Definitely want to watch it friday.

The preview made it look like a cheap knockoff.. I'm surprised 

Just got back from watching Alien Romulus in Dolby Cinema. Amazing experience as a whole and really great movie. I think its actually the best movie in the franchise since Aliens.

The director recently said he was inspired by Alien Isolation so I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised it delivered.

7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Just got back from watching Alien Romulus in Dolby Cinema. Amazing experience as a whole and really great movie. I think its actually the best movie in the franchise since Aliens.

The director recently said he was inspired by Alien Isolation so I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised it delivered.

Is it more like Alien or Aliens? I only loved the first. The second was too dudebro’d and lacked tension. 

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Is it more like Alien or Aliens? I only loved the first. The second was too dudebro’d and lacked tension. 

There's some scenes with good tension but it does lean a bit towards being more action focused especially towards the end.

But the action looks pretty amazing, as does everything else. The movie had a $80 million budget but actually looks twice as expensive. 

I will say its kind of odd how all the main characters are basically kids, but still manage to be so knowledgeable about how ships and sci fi shit in general works. Sometimes it feels like a version of Aliens made to appeal to the CW audience, so that could be a bit of knock against it.

18 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

God damn Megan. 

The vocals are whatever, but that Scott-Storch-mid-2000’s sounding beat is nice :smoke: 

19 minutes ago, Angelfish said:

Haven't seen it (yet). :happysad: Seems to be quite a polarising show on the Internet though.

Well anything with women or black people is going to to make in line nerds angry no matter what, but outside of the racism, homophobia, and misogynistic commentary, it was an actually an interesting concept that was told poorly. 

They could have righted a lot of the wrongs in future seasons but they can't justify this show costing over two hundred millions dollars to make. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, This weekend was a banger. Was supposed to visit friends but they had COVID so we just staycationed. Netflix dropped two great shows. Kaos and the Terminator anime. 

Koas was so good. First show we've completed in weekend since llke You. It's a bit less serious than the trailer leads you to believe but it still hits. 

Terminator Zero is a very good anime. Actually high quality unlike most of their bastardized animes usually are. 

Also Rings of Power is back. I wasn't wowed until ep 3, but holy shit. It's so good I would love to see it in a theater. It's an incredible episode, you can see the money in this show. 

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1
17 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Wow, This weekend was a banger. Was supposed to visit friends but they had COVID so we just staycationed. Netflix dropped two great shows. Kaos and the Terminator anime. 

Koas was so good. First show we've completed in weekend since llke You. It's a bit less serious than the trailer leads you to believe but it still hits. 

Terminator Zero is a very good anime. Actually high quality unlike most of their bastardized animes usually are. 

Also Rings of Power is back. I wasn't wowed until ep 3, but holy shit. It's so good I would love to see it in a theater. It's an incredible episode, you can see the money in this show. 

damn, kaos looks great! going to hit that up!

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

damn, kaos looks great! going to hit that up!

You're someone that'll definitely enjoy it. First ep is 👌 enough but it definitely takes off. Such a fun take in God's in a modern world thing. If I had to compare it's kind of like Succession meets American Gods.

Definitely excited for season 2. 

20 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I actually heard disappointing things about Rings of Power. But maybe it picks up after the premiere.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I actually heard disappointing things about Rings of Power. But maybe it picks up after the premiere.

The first two episodes just go by, it's nothing bad but only one kind of interesting thing happens. Just sort of recalling last season. Then the third ep just hits and it's llke old school LOTR. 

It's such a great hour of television. 

• Upvote 1