Words censored in BFV's in game chat

the more i play of the beta the less impressed i am with it....its very buggy, but theres some things about it (in particular the pacing and sound design) that just seem off. Obviously its just a beta but it doesn't seem as well put together as the previous BF games.

Edited by Twinblade
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

while i understand that context can be a thing, it seems baffling that the word nazi is censored in a WW2 game where they are the focus....

They don't even have the proper Nazi flag. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

while i understand that context can be a thing, it seems baffling that the word nazi is censored in a WW2 game where they are the focus....

also jew, nuts and defend... oh :( 

:killzone:

Whole thread on it here... https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/153905/a-swear-filter

Some of the highlights:

I tried to say" so do I". Guess what? Cant say it. I actually had to look it up what I said wrong. Turns out "sodo" is an offensive term.
Never heard of it and I'm 26.

In a game last night somebody discovered that "finish it" is censored. There is also some oddities that words like "cuck" or "coward" are ok but "wimp" is censored.

I mean I remember in Bad Company 2/Battlefield 3 your characters would yell out curse words themselves. Now war is supposed to be this non-offensive, padded room/safe space endeavour?

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Theres a line in Bad Company 2's mp where the character literally says 'im getting fucked in the ass over here'. That would definitely be taboo in the newest games, Its crazy how far we've regressed in the last few years.

The more I played BF 5 the less interested I was in it; and where I was on the fence before, I'm now staunchly on the 'Wait for the inevitable sale' approach. There's only like 35 guns, which if you remove the pistols, that's like 5-6 guns per class. the upgrade system/unlock system is quite stupid, as you need to leave a game (and your squad) in order to access your newly unlocked gun. You have to spend in-game currency for any and all weapon upgrades, and for a lot of unlocks.

Also, one of the upgrades was 'Fast Bullets" I mean seriously, :| 

It feels weird that it's World War 2, but you only have Germans/British. No US/JAPAN, No Russian/Germany, or US/GERMANY.

There's no indication of any large scale Tank/Armour battles (I mean they did this as far back as BF2 with the last expansion for it)

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

The more I played BF 5 the less interested I was in it; and where I was on the fence before, I'm now staunchly on the 'Wait for the inevitable sale' approach. There's only like 35 guns, which if you remove the pistols, that's like 5-6 guns per class. the upgrade system/unlock system is quite stupid, as you need to leave a game (and your squad) in order to access your newly unlocked gun. You have to spend in-game currency for any and all weapon upgrades, and for a lot of unlocks.

Also, one of the upgrades was 'Fast Bullets" I mean seriously, :| 

It feels weird that it's World War 2, but you only have Germans/British. No US/JAPAN, No Russian/Germany, or US/GERMANY.

There's no indication of any large scale Tank/Armour battles (I mean they did this as far back as BF2 with the last expansion for it)

Yeah 2 factions is not enough, especially after BF1 which let you play with so many unique armies like the Italians and Austro Hungarians which you rarely saw in this type of game before.

And vehicles in general do feel so insignificant. The opening of the snow map (where you start on the planes and parachute down) give off a epic tone, but the engagements on the ground feel small, and vehicle engagements are practically non existent.

I look back to Harvest Day in BC1 and Arica Harbor/Heavy Metal In BC2. I have fond memories of the epic long range tank battles that would unfold in those maps. The recent games have moved so far away from that. BF1 was definitely a step in the right direction, but BFV feels like a small infantry focused shooter.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah 2 factions is not enough, especially after BF1 which let you play with so many unique armies like the Italians and Austro Hungarians which you rarely saw in this type of game before.

And vehicles in general do feel so insignificant. The opening of the snow map (where you start on the planes and parachute down) give off a epic tone, but the engagements on the ground feel small, and vehicle engagements are practically non existent.

I look back to Harvest Day in BC1 and Arica Harbor/Heavy Metal In BC2. I have fond memories of the epic long range tank battles that would unfold in those maps. The recent games have moved so far away from that. BF1 was definitely a step in the right direction, but BFV feels like a small infantry focused shooter.

Yeah I noticed (and as Angry Joe mentioned in his 23+ min review) that is somehow felt smaller; and realistically in 2018 we should be having larger than 64 player battles. I mean Call of Duty has successfully implemented 80 players in their Battle Royale game, and even mentioned that 100 was possible and tested.

Oh, Co-op isn't going to be available at launch, even thought it was a mentioned/hyped feature from months ago. 

Ultimately after like day 2 of the game - meaning I didn't just dick around for 3-4 matches and then decide: "Ahh fuck this shit", I was looking at the game going ok, where's my MG34/42 for the support? Where's my Thompson for Assault, Grease Gun for Medic, Browning for Recon? It feels so stripped down, like they sat around in meetings deciding how much of the characters arm should be bionic, and how many visible minorities needed to be represented per side, rather than looking at this like a return to Wolrd War 2 - Where it ALL started I may add; and went alright: Let's ensure we have this, this, and that in the game.

I mean you want to add in Asian women to the game, fine put the Japanese side in, and bam, done. Want to add more females, cool. Put them on the French/Russian sides as Sappers/Snipers. Expand the classes, or free them up. Want to go Recon/TNT/Hammer Why not? Seems logical enough to me.

If you're going to add health/ammo as necessities, why can't I set up my class to toss out Health/Ammo packs simultaneously? I mean you've now just let anyone revive.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that isn't even the issue with the game. Sure, it's a trigger point for a vocal minority within the community, but my whole take on it, is it just seems half-assed and ultimately a disservice to the women who did serve in World War 2, because you've just made shit up to cater to some audience that I'm quite confident never existed in Battlefield.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat
47 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Theres a line in Bad Company 2's mp where the character literally says 'im getting fucked in the ass over here'. That would definitely be taboo in the newest games, Its crazy how far we've regressed in the last few years.

That's in BF3 and BF4 too. Among all the other insults and swear words. 

Battlefield V: snowflake war 2. what a fucking joke.