There's quite a few reports of RTX 2080 Ti cards dying on people

https://www.resetera.com/threads/users-complaining-their-nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-graphics-cards-are-dying.78014/

The Nvidia forums are full of posts with people claiming their cards are dying on them.  They are mostly the FE cards but not limited to them.  Many posts dating back since launch really... people saying their cards are dying on them mere hours after use... with or without overclocking at all.  People think it could be a memory issue... as the artifacting as evidenced is exactly what memory does when it's pushed too far. 

Nvidia has responded saying that it's not a wide spread issue and that it's business as usual with new hardware launches.  Some people are affected with issues, while the vast majority are not.

Now, of course Nvidia is going to say something like that... until there is a larger sample size and more time on the market... they can't really properly assess just how widespread of an issue it could be.  That said... do I think that some are having problems?  Absolutely.  While I haven't had a single issue thus far, and I've actually really been pushing this thing for hours at 5K and 8K in some games... with +150 on the core, and +700 on the mem.  I think that there's definitely enough talk about issues that maybe a sizable batch of cards could be affected with issues.  However... reading through a lot of the posts, I think a good amount of it is bullshit.  There's no shortage of people who are out to hate on Nvidia and are pissed off at the company for one reason or another.  I think there's a lot of "me too, me too" posts out there from people who don't have the card at all.  So I'm kind of inclined to believe that the number of defects is within reasonable limits.

Either way... I'm not really worried.  The card has a 3 year warranty which is far longer than I will own this card for anyway... if anything happens I'll get it replaced.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THHBO!

RRoDtre  

Refundmiji PC TRASH  

6 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Biggest waste of money cards released 

These cards are legit amazing though.  It's crazy how fast they are.  There's worse ways to waste money. :shrug: 

This shit happens with every consumer electronics launch... especially the bleeding edge.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

A multiplat not available on PC? 

No.. they're called exclusives.  Sony has those...

LOL you really DO think that RDR2 is the only thing out there :mj: 

Because it's LITERALLY the only thing you have on your worthless console that you can claim is best on it... of course, that is until the PC version comes and completely ruins your day.

And trust me... it's coming :reg: 

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No.. they're called exclusives.  Sony has those...

LOL you really DO think that RDR2 is the only thing out there :mj: 

Because it's LITERALLY the only thing you have on your worthless console that you can claim is best on it... of course, that is until the PC version comes and completely ruins your day.

And trust me... it's coming :reg: 

Keep pulling the Just Wait® card you filthy cow wannabe :rofl: No RDR 2 for you ever :will2:

3 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Keep pulling the Just Wait® card you filthy cow wannabe :rofl: No RDR 2 for you ever :will2:

RDR2 in VR is coming to PC exclusively.  

Actually it'll probably come to PS5 after it releases as well... of course... Xbox will be left out.. the tables will have turned completely... and you'll be dealing with Streambox buffering :hehe: 

I can wait but I'm not retarded I know I will be playing the game on a console because it will never release on PC. Retarmjii :laff: