We've tried PS Classic, and it sucks - Eurogamer

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-11-08-weve-played-the-playstation-classic-and-its-a-disappointment

:fatcruise: 

The PlayStation Classic's controller, meanwhile, is a 1:1 likeness of the original (and that's the original original, remember - this isn't the DualShock that was introduced in 1997, and as such it lacks rumble and those two analogue sticks)

There are next to no options - you'll have the ability to enable a screensaver, tinker with power saving modes and language and... That's it. There are no screen filters, and nothing to try and soothe the transition of these games onto TVs that they were never designed for.

The output is 720p, a logical enough choice given the majority of the games here are 244p and upscale fairly cleanly with small black borders either side of the image, but it can't hide the fact that something feels off about how these games look and play. Getting the relatively crude 3D work of original PlayStation games to play nicely on modern displays was always going to be a tougher task than that faced than by Nintendo with its previous 2D-dominated Classic consoles, but the soft scaling doesn't help its cause, and there's noticeable lag - minimally so when playing a 30fps game such as Ridge Racer Type 4, but much more pronounced in 60fps games such as Mr. Driller or Tekken 3

The game selection is, to put it politely, anaemic, with titles that made PlayStation a household name - WipEout, Gran Turismo, Tomb Raider - entirely absent. 

it all feels underwhelming, and not exactly representative of the original PlayStation in its prime. This is, at best, a functional take on the mini-console phenomenon, and a cute stocking filler for the coming Christmas period - even if the price doesn't quite reflect that. It most certainly is not a decent emulator, and far from the best way to play this (limited) selection of games.

TCHBMFAR :tom:

Yeah this was destined to be garbage from the onset. Sony has no concept of system design, aside from the fluke that is the PS4's hardware everything they've created has been garbage for the last 12 years with PSVR getting a slight nod albeit the stupid decision to use the Move controllers instead of designing something new.

It being hackable to load other PS1 roms may be the only thing that makes me keep the one I have on order. If not, then I will just return it at the store.

I think I can get a Japanese PSN account on the PS3 and simply buy Intelligent Qube from the Japanese PS store.

Sony doesn't even sell Colony Wars on the PS Store? I never understood why they didn't add more games on there.

Edited by jehurey

Not sure what the expectations were other than what was initially announced. A literal PlayStation equivalent with a select 20 games and no outstanding features. Sony delivered on their original announcement. Funny thing is it'll outsell Xflop in December. :juggle:

16 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Not sure what the expectations were other than what was initially announced. A literal PlayStation equivalent with a select 20 games and no outstanding features. Sony delivered on their original announcement. Funny thing is it'll outsell Xflop in December. :juggle:

Look at the damage control from this smelly cow:cruise:

Even if you can end up loading other games the emulation still isn't good, PS Classic is trash :tom:

:facep: