Black Mesa: Xen trailer

Looks incredible.

It's also HL's 20th birthday today!

There's also going to be a No Clip Documentary on Half-life

Hopefully the rumors about the Half-Life VR game are real and it turns out to be something special.  Would be godly :wow2: 

:face:

Also, this. I think it was another 6 mos. from when I bought it to when I completed it due to that part.

6 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Xen was the part in half life where I lost interest

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Hopefully the rumors about the Half-Life VR game are real and it turns out to be something special.  Would be godly :wow2: 

I'm sure HL3 drops with new VR tech, when VR is finally ready. B)

1 hour ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

BTW this game looks amazing for the engine it was built on. I re-installed HL2 just to compare the difference, and yeah well :ben:

Maybe they should redo hl2 

13 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Maybe they should redo hl2 

They would need to redo Half-Life 2 and remove or re-work entire sections. I replayed it recently, and forgot about the Hoverboat, and driving sections. The 20 minutes you spend at the safehouse throwing things for Dog to retrieve - because at the time they wanted to showcase the ragdoll physics; but it's not aged so well.

The driving bits are annoying, Ravenholm was spooky, but now it just feels like a chore; much like the sand trap section with the Ant Lions.

City 17 is enjoyable, killing combine with explosive barrels is a blast, Nova Prospekt is still fun, returning to City 17 with the rocket launcher, yup still fun. Whereas with Black Mesa, the levels (even when done differently) still hold up really well. Sneaking past the tentacles to power up the test rocket, watching the marines battle it out with the Xen Aliens, the weapons; not too mention a powersuit that doesn't have a 10 second lifespan for sprint or flashlight is refreshing as well.

20 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

They would need to redo Half-Life 2 and remove or re-work entire sections. I replayed it recently, and forgot about the Hoverboat, and driving sections. The 20 minutes you spend at the safehouse throwing things for Dog to retrieve - because at the time they wanted to showcase the ragdoll physics; but it's not aged so well.

The driving bits are annoying, Ravenholm was spooky, but now it just feels like a chore; much like the sand trap section with the Ant Lions.

City 17 is enjoyable, killing combine with explosive barrels is a blast, Nova Prospekt is still fun, returning to City 17 with the rocket launcher, yup still fun. Whereas with Black Mesa, the levels (even when done differently) still hold up really well. Sneaking past the tentacles to power up the test rocket, watching the marines battle it out with the Xen Aliens, the weapons; not too mention a powersuit that doesn't have a 10 second lifespan for sprint or flashlight is refreshing as well.

Yeah I forgot about those tedious things. They would need to be removed or replaced