Anyone get anything or plan to get anything for Black Friday?

23 hours ago, madmaltese said:

So Australia is slowly adopting Black Friday and dayum there is some crazy deals here today.

Switch for 329AUD = 240USD

Xbox One S Minecraft for 199AUD = 144USD 

Xbox One X for 429AUD = 310USD

Sony has deals too but it's not as cheap as US. The Spiderman deal here is $309 = 224USD

But yeah, Xbox especially going all out here to push units. The XBox One X is cheaper than the Pro lol (Pro hasn't had any real deals)

I'm kind of shocked the Pro is not discounted anywhere, it should be discounted to $300 with a permanent price fix after. The system just isn't worth the cost of entry.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another 4K TV for my third X.

cant think of nothing I want.  if i was prepared, upgrading my mobo/graphics card, but honestly pointless.  (very pointless).    

knack 2 

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm kind of shocked the Pro is not discounted anywhere, it should be discounted to $300 with a permanent price fix after. The system just isn't worth the cost of entry.

Worth = the price people are willing to pay.  It's obviously worth the money.

18 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Exactly. This is as basic a business concept as there is. The Pro isn't getting discounted because there is obviously no need to from Sony's perspective because it is selling well at the price. Same reason why PS4 isn't $199 permanent yet either

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Worth isn't a singular, there's also worth from a value perspective which we're all aware it falls flat on given cost, internal hardware and its practical results. Like you didn't know that's the exact worth I was speaking to, jesus dude lol.

That was such a dumb, lazy and generic response, sounded like PR... :cosby2:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
20 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Worth isn't a singular, there's also worth from a value perspective which we're all aware it falls flat on given cost, internal hardware and its practical results. Like you didn't know that's the exact worth I was speaking to, jesus dude lol.

lol as if you are not acting as the xbox PR spokesman. getagrip fanboy 

29 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The background in your sig precludes you from any discussion involving 'worth'.

31 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I give you the type of responses you deserve and nothing more.

Your perspective on the matter is meaningless because it's worth is determined by the market and whether it's accomplishing it's goal which is to sell.... which it is...  That means the console is worth what they are asking for it.. and they have no reason to change that until it doesn't.

It's pretty fucking simple dipshit.  A $1000 console with games is more worth a purchase than a $500 console with no games.   The thing exists to play games...  

22 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I give you the type of responses you deserve and nothing more.

Your perspective on the matter is meaningless because it's worth is determined by the market and whether it's accomplishing it's goal which is to sell.... which it is...  That means the console is worth what they are asking for it.. and they have no reason to change that until it doesn't.

It's pretty fucking simple dipshit.  A $1000 console with games is more worth a purchase than a $500 console with no games.   The thing exists to play games...  

This is about as stupid as trying to rationalize a video card that's $100 cheaper than another and also 50% weaker as being worth it. Give me a break clown shoes.

15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This is about as stupid as trying to rationalize a video card that's $100 cheaper than another and also 50% weaker as being worth it. Give me a break clown shoes.

Dude, nobody cares that you don't think PS4 Pro is worth what they're asking for it.  The fact is that it IS because it continues to sell at that price.

Think of how STUPID your original statement was...  "durrr I think PRO should be discounted to $300 and a permanent price reduction after.  The system isn't worth the cost of entry"... Yea, because THAT makes sense for Sony when they as they CONTINUE to break records... CONTINUE to sell out these consoles everywhere.  The fact that people are buying it at that price means that your opinion about it's value is IRRELEVANT.  MEANINGLESS.

Gaming isn't the same as it once was where there was a predicable fall off point where hardware price needed to be cut drastically to continue to move units.  You know who does that?  Companies like MS who are desperate to build up their user base at any cost.  So.. whatever you think... doesn't mean anything.  The console is worth what they are asking for... and thus it's selling.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Dude, nobody cares that you don't think PS4 Pro is worth what they're asking for it.  The fact is that it IS because it continues to sell at that price.

Think of how STUPID your original statement was...  "durrr I think PRO should be discounted to $300 and a permanent price reduction after.  The system isn't worth the cost of entry"... Yea, because THAT makes sense for Sony when they as they CONTINUE to break records... CONTINUE to sell out these consoles everywhere.  The fact that people are buying it at that price means that your opinion about it's value is IRRELEVANT.  MEANINGLESS.

Gaming isn't the same as it once was where there was a predicable fall off point where hardware price needed to be cut drastically to continue to move units.  You know who does that?  Companies like MS who are desperate to build up their user base at any cost.  So.. whatever you think... doesn't mean anything.  The console is worth what they are asking for... and thus it's selling.

What's with all this corporate angularity? You're confusing subjective and objective worth, you're completely overlooking the point here. As a device the Pro wasn't worth its cost the second it released, two years later that worth has dropped even further and yet it's still $400. Based upon what's actually in it in terms of hardware, its practical rendering capabilities and extended system features it's not worth what it costs. This isn't subjective, you can't just dress this up with all this nonsense diatribe of "well it's worth it if people are willing to pay for it". What kind of brain dead PR level bullshit is that? I expected more coming from your brain but I guess I expected far too much because you've lost the plot. 

The PlayStation 4 Pro is not worth $400 regardless of peoples willingness to pay that premium.

Just now, jehurey said:

LOL apparently explaining what other consumers are currently doing, in a straight-forward and factual manner is considered real-life fanboying.:tom:

Valuing the company over consumers .

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What's with all this corporate angularity? You're confusing subjective and objective worth, you're completely overlooking the point here. As a device the Pro wasn't worth its cost the second it released, two years later that worth has dropped even further and yet it's still $400. Based upon what's actually in it in terms of hardware, its practical rendering capabilities and extended system features it's not worth what it costs. This isn't subjective, you can't just dress this up with all this nonsense diatribe of "well it's worth it if people are willing to pay for it". What kind of brain dead PR level bullshit is that? I expected more coming from your brain but I guess I expected far too much because you've lost the plot. 

The PlayStation 4 Pro is not worth $400 regardless of peoples willingness to pay that premium.

:snoop: 

In your post you explain what you think Sony should do......  That's where the corporate angle is coming from.  You're proceeding to say you're surprised, and that Sony should do this and that, when it's completely unnecessary for them to accomplish their goal... which is selling the console.

Is it sinking in yet? :wonder: