Nintendo might be resurrecting The Last Story

The last story 

Pandora's Tower

Xenoblade 1

Three absolute great RPGs that came out at the very end of the Wii's life cycle. 

Xenoblade was turned into a franchise. 

Would be great if the last story turns into a franchise as well and gets a remaster and a sequel :lawd:

The Last Story was made from the guy who used to run the FF franchise, right?

Who was the studio developing that? Its not like Xenoblade, where Nintendo owns the IP and they eventually bought the studio.  It was second-party development.

20 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The Last Story was made from the guy who used to run the FF franchise, right?

Who was the studio developing that? Its not like Xenoblade, where Nintendo owns the IP and they eventually bought the studio.  It was second-party development.

Yeah, Sakaguchi/Mistwalker made The Last Story. I never bothered trying it though.

Sakaguchi post Square though is an embarrassment.

Tried to make his own Dragon Quest with Blue Dragon, even taking the same Toriyama aesthetics. At the end of the day, it can't even top some of the worst games in the DQ series.

Lost Odyssey was just an attempt at making a FF style game on Xbox. While the artstyle and Uematsu OST were great, the gameplay has 0 hint of creativity, it's seriously one of the most generic take on JRPGs I've played in the past two decades. The story/characters sucked (but bu teh wall of texts in between chapters were great!!1), the combat was boring, just a forgettable piece of shit all around. I was so hyped for it too. 

And the name The Last Story was supposed to mimick the Final Fantasy name and meaning. Except this time, it actually was his last game. :tom: 

I love the gooch, he worked on so many of my favorite games ever made, it'd be hard for me to hate on the man but he completely under delivered with Mistwalker.

16 hours ago, Ramza said:

Sakaguchi post Square though is an embarrassment.

Tried to make his own Dragon Quest with Blue Dragon, even taking the same Toriyama aesthetics. At the end of the day, it can't even top some of the worst games in the DQ series.

Lost Odyssey was just an attempt at making a FF style game on Xbox. While the artstyle and Uematsu OST were great, the gameplay has 0 hint of creativity, it's seriously one of the most generic take on JRPGs I've played in the past two decades. The story/characters sucked (but bu teh wall of texts in between chapters were great!!1), the combat was boring, just a forgettable piece of shit all around. I was so hyped for it too. 

And the name The Last Story was supposed to mimick the Final Fantasy name and meaning. Except this time, it actually was his last game. :tom: 

I love the gooch, he worked on so many of my favorite games ever made, it'd be hard for me to hate on the man but he completely under delivered with Mistwalker.

The last story was actually a good game though. 

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

The last story was actually a good game though. 

That seem to be the general consencus, yeah. I don't know, never played it.

I think the combat looks weak but i'd still be interested in a Switch remaster.

My points still stands, I'm not gonna trash that game until i try it for myself tho (will probably never happen).

I doubt it.  It's probably Nintendo just keeping up with their IP so they don't lose it.  We saw them do this with Eternal Darkness before and nothing came of it.

If they're going to do a remaster, give me Xenoblade HD. :meh: