7th day into my "water fast"

First of all its not really a "water fast". I take 2 teaspoons of salt a day, 2 spoons of potassium (Salt lite), and 1 teaspoon of food grade magnesium. Non of them have any binding agents in them. Also two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.

3 months into keto, so I'm heavily fat adapted (Keto sticks are no longer purple but pink, meaning I use ketos effectively and don't piss them out) Tried my first fast 2 months in, for 48 hours, then 48 hours again, 72 hours, then 96, now going for a 16 day fast to grind through the weight to get really lean (There is an IRL event in 16 days). It will be my last long fast, since I'm running low of fat to sustain this anyways. Going to do 72-92 till I hit ideal leaness. I prepared my fat adaptation before trying any of this shit.

Fasting is anabolic and does not eat muscle, but as soon as you add calories, even 50-100 calories your body switches off it's muscle perserving function and becomes catabolic. Plus you lose the benefit of autophagy, though its not a very well researched topic. In 2016 a Japanese scientist won the noble award for research into autophagy.

Long term I plan to go for one meal a day before time, 2000+ calories, sub 20 grams of carbs for maintenence.

I'm apparently pre diabetic, and my goal is to fight not so much my weight, but insulin.

I don't even use my scale much, weigh every 2 weeks. Down 12 kilos. (26 pounds). I measure my waist instead for progress.

1 more month and I'm there, grinded through all that fat, then can workout and eat daily.

Edited by Team 2019
8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I eat whatever I want and do whatever I want and always stay in shape.

#superiorgenetics

Used to apply to me before I was forced to start taking antipsychotics.

Also its not genetics, I just assume you don't eat trash. The genetics excuse seems to apply to fat fucks.

I always HATED myself when I'm overweight even if its not much, it's embarassing and shit. I don't get people that are okay with them being fat, makes no sense to me.

Edited by Team 2019
22 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Used to apply to me before I was forced to start taking antipsychotics.

Also its not genetics, I just assume you don't eat trash. The genetics excuse seems to apply to fat fucks.

I always HATED myself when I'm overweight even if its not much, it's embarassing and shit. I don't get people that are okay with them being fat, makes no sense to me.

I eat a lot of trash

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I eat a lot of trash

The definition of trash is very skewed.

A macdonalds burger has tons of protein, and fat, with very little sugar and people lable it unhealthy.

Then you go to subway, and it has almost no fat, or protien. It's all fucking sugar, it's a piece of crappy white bread. Yet everyone labels it health. When Macdonalds is 100x healthier than Subway.

Also another important factor, when you fast your body goes through autophagy and eats up weak cells for protiens to recycle them. It NEVER touches the actual muscle fibers. Your body isn't stupid enough to eat up something that would help you catch food in the wild. A perfect example of this is huge fat asses with skin folds, and loose skin. Fasting reduces loose skin because of it. All that useless and inflammed skin is pure protien.

Muscles TEMPORARY become smaller because glucogen and water are depleted, this becomes a non issue when you eat. Your body turns dietary protein into glucose anyways, though if you eat too much protien and too little fat with no carbs your body is kicked out of ketosis since it just reverts back to sugar burning.

2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

The definition of trash is very skewed.

A macdonalds burger has tons of protein, and fat, with very little sugar and people lable it unhealthy.

Then you go to subway, and it has almost no fat, or protien. It's all fucking sugar, it's a piece of crappy white bread. Yet everyone labels it health. When Macdonalds is 100x healthier than Subway.

Eh, you might want to recheck the nutritional information on that.

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

Eh, you might want to recheck the nutritional information on that.

What about it? A burger is mostly beef, actual meat.

Subway is a glorified piece of bread, basically sugar with no nutrients.

I'm not saying Mcdonalds is good, I'm just pointing out a fairly skewed perception. Where am I wrong?

As keto you can go to fast food with friends, order a burger, throw the bread and fries away and you're good. If you throw away the bread in Subway you're stuck with 30 grams of meat.

23 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

A burger is mostly beef, actual meat.

You're not getting a lot of beef at McDonald's outside of the quarter pounder. A regular hamburger has a 45g patty and 50g of bun. A 6" roast beef sub at Subway has 71g of meat and 71g of bread.

41 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Subway is a glorified piece of bread, basically sugar with no nutrients.

So are McDs burgers. That's why I told you to check the nutritional info.

42 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I'm not saying Mcdonalds is good, I'm just pointing out a fairly skewed perception. Where am I wrong?

I'm not saying Subway is good, either. I'm just pointing out you're working with incorrect information.

45 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

As keto you can go to fast food with friends, order a burger, throw the bread and fries away and you're good. If you throw away the bread in Subway you're stuck with 30 grams of meat.

A 6" roast beef sub at Subway has 71g of meat, but you can pick up 5 cheeseburgers at McDs for the same price and get 3x the meat so McDs is gonna be a better value.

McDs is still less "healthy." I've never got food poisoning from McDs, though. :]

Wait a minute, are you saying you're eating 2000+ calories a day? So, are we to assume you are BURNING more than 2000+ calories a day, like at least 2500 calories?

For starters, you checking your ketones with this piss sticks may not be that useful if you are on the diet for a long time.  If you are underneath a threshold of 40-50g of carbs per day, you are in ketosis. Those measuring sticks have an expiration date for their usefulness.

Intermittent fasting is useful. It keeps your metabolism up, because as you lose weight, your metabolism slows down. If you workout alot, do alot of cardio, your body becomes adaptive to the exercise and burns less calories doing the same activities.  Fasting helps keep the metabolism up (gaining muscle also helps, I think I remember reading that 1 pound in muscle gain results in 3 additional calories being burned every hour).

There are keto plateaus, every hits them. And the common catchphrase is "Keep Calm and Keto On"

When I'm in the keto diet and doing well, I have the advantage of never eating breakfast for most of my life, so I only have two meals. ANd its usually a 600-800 calorie lunch. And then for dinner I can splurge with about 800-1000 calories on a nice-ass steak smothered in butter and some buttered steamed veggies. Lot of times I am within 1800 calories a day. When you are doing Keto correctly, it works as an appetite suppressant. Those two meals are more than enough for me.