Got a steam link today

So remij I'm guessing the others are coming Monday .

It came in a fancy box and the device itself looks pretty high quality . Even has a little anti slip pad on the bottom .

I probably won't hook it up and try it to tomorrow . 

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Didn't this thing have massive latency issues when it was first released? unless they fixed those.

There's been tons of improvements to it since launch.  It's a much better product now than it was then.  That said, if you're planning on using it over wireless.. you're doing it wrong.

3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

It's 2018, fam.

Which means what exactly?  The Link is a stationary device in your home... it makes no sense for it not to be wired... considering the console people likely have beside it... or their stream boxes are already wired..

Just now, Remij_ said:

Which means what exactly? 

WiFi isn't a boogeyman anymore.

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The Link is a stationary device in your home... it makes no sense for it not to be wired...

My TV is a stationary device and doesn't even have an Ethernet port. :gasp:

15 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

WiFi isn't a boogeyman anymore.

My TV is a stationary device and doesn't even have an Ethernet port. :gasp:

Ok, we'll see if the PS5 and X2 are Wifi only... since it'll be 2020+ and all... :roll: 

Your TV streams also don't depend on inputting controls for gameplay...  Wireless with the Link is certainly an option... but not the right choice... hence my comment.  Is it that absurd, or are you arguing just for the sake of it?