Anthem beta is this weekend

Did I read correctly that it was a 2 day beta?

Its a heavy online game, right? What could they possibly gain from just having a 2 day beta testing period?

I got a feeling that they don't have enough content, and they don't want to make the same mistake Bungie did with the Destiny beta, where people got to see the majority of the game's environments.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Its a heavy online game, right? What could they possibly gain from just having a 2 day beta testing period?

I got a feeling that they don't have enough content, and they don't want to make the same mistake Bungie did with the Destiny beta, where people got to see the majority of the game's environments.

Network test.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

2 days one weekend 2 days the next weekend

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And what are you going to test in one weekend for a beta that you announce at the last minute?

Doesn't seem like a substantial network stress test, in the slightest.

To see how the game handles on the open network with tens to hundreds of thousands of concurrent connections.

What else does a network test need? 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

To see how the game handles on the open network with tens to hundreds of thousands of concurrent connections.

What else does a network test need? 

Its almost as if you didn't read my post.

Its purposely was done at the last minute, and wouldn't come CLOSE to representing the load that they would expect after launch.

So what's the point?

17 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And what are you going to test in one weekend for a beta that you announce at the last minute?

Doesn't seem like a substantial network stress test, in the slightest.

Doesn't matter how long it is, 2 days is more than enough time for them to gather valuable data on the game's network performance/stability. Im sure they'll have a longer beta closer to release.

Edited by Twinblade
9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Its almost as if you didn't read my post.

Its purposely was done at the last minute, and wouldn't come CLOSE to representing the load that they would expect after launch.

So what's the point?

Look at TMCC, with internal loads it handled fine, but once it hit a broader base of player load it collapsed. Regardless of the timing or scope it can give them incite into capacities and stability.