Switch Pro and Lite will probably come this year

8 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

lol you know nothing. Why are you making it into a bigger deal than it really is? Its not that complicated, not at all. The engines are scalable, the resolutions are dynamic etc. Its not 2005 anymore. 

Software optimization is one of the biggest hurdles to overcome in the development of a game and every game has to go through this process both during principle development, during RC and post release. Games on consoles have to run a certain way to be deemed acceptable so they have to be fine tuned around a hardware configuration for peak operation based upon that configuration. It's not only a big time sink in terms of implementation during development but also in terms of iteration and deployment, and then subsequent testing, and then the process repeats itself over, and over again until it's in an acceptable state for that configuration. 

It's not some small part of the development process, this would convolute their work scope immeasurably. It would go from say a PS4 Slim/Pro situation to a Slim, Pro Lite, Pro and Pro Plus in terms of tuning and optimization targets.  That would be Switch development in a nutshell if something like this came out.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Sheep are funny . For the longest time they claimed Ditch was as powerful as an Xb1 and some even claimed they would release a dock as powerful as a gtx 1060 and now sheep are claiming it won't even be able to hit 1080p with a refresh :D

set the bar LOW rofl

6 hours ago, Jon2B said:

Sheep are funny . For the longest time they claimed Ditch was as powerful as an Xb1 and some even claimed they would release a dock as powerful as a gtx 1060 and now sheep are claiming it won't even be able to hit 1080p with a refresh :D

set the bar LOW rofl

Current Switch hits 1080p now slow Jonny :grimaceright:

I'm going to stand by my previous statements. I think this is going to be a Switch revision... tweaked design (mostly the same) to fix the various issues people have, maybe a better screen with smaller bezels and revamped joy-con internals.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Theoretically a 1080p Switch game could be native 4K on the base PlayStation 4. 

Anyways my point stands. 

These resolution wars are becoming retarded. People seem to assume resolution = graphics. The Switch crowd also seems to ignore objective system requirements to run a game.