Last of Us 2 is 2019 it seems

I could see it. Late 2019 would give them 3.5 years since Uncharted 4. Which is about the same time UC4 took to make which also had development troubles. Plus TLOU2 was in production before a lot of the staff moved over to finish UC4

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't think Halo Infinite is this year, well I mean it's hard to tell because they're very tight lipped about it.

I'm betting it's this year. Their last traditional Halo game will have been 4 years ago if it releases in the fall.

Just now, lynux3 said:

I'm betting it's this year. Their last traditional Halo game will have been 4 years ago if it releases in the fall.

Yeah but they're kind of rebooting their idea of what a Halo game is, I mean they're really already out of the release schedule now so 2020 sounds more likely, maybe Spring. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah but they're kind of rebooting their idea of what a Halo game is, I mean they're really already out of the release schedule now so 2020 sounds more likely, maybe Spring. 

I think the main reason they're out of the release schedule is because they had to fix The Master Chief Collection and/or they're having issues rebooting the franchise. Seeing that Halo Infinite is most likely going to have some kind of GaaS attachment to it they can release it this year and expand beyond it just like they're doing with Sea of Thieves. Of course, this is based on how Microsoft is looking at Halo Infinite currently: "The world has changed. We look at Fallout, Sea of Thieves — you know, gamers want to be able to have access to stuff earlier, it’s becoming more of a service-based industry and digital-first business, and so because of that we’re definitely thinking about Halo that way."

Just now, lynux3 said:

I think the main reason they're out of the release schedule is because they had to fix The Master Chief Collection and/or they're having issues rebooting the franchise. Seeing that Halo Infinite is most likely going to have some kind of GaaS attachment to it they can release it this year and expand beyond it just like they're doing with Sea of Thieves. Of course, this is based on how Microsoft is looking at Halo Infinite currently: "The world has changed. We look at Fallout, Sea of Thieves — you know, gamers want to be able to have access to stuff earlier, it’s becoming more of a service-based industry and digital-first business, and so because of that we’re definitely thinking about Halo that way."

Well you'd be wrong about that because they didn't touch The Master Chief Collection, it had no interference with Infinite. They hired on a new crew of people to handle it in a vacuum and away from Infinite. 

I'm not sure exactly what you think Infinite is, it's just Halo 6. You've repeatedly talked about this service this and service that for the game but in what capacity? They're trying to win back their community, not further divide it so your expectations seem horribly misplaced.

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well you'd be wrong about that because they didn't touch The Master Chief Collection, it had no interference with Infinite. They hired on a new crew of people to handle it in a vacuum and away from Infinite. 

I'm not sure exactly what you think Infinite is, it's just Halo 6. You've repeatedly talked about this service this and service that for the game but in what capacity? They're trying to win back their community, not further divide it so your expectations seem horribly misplaced.

Maybe so. I don't see why a service based Halo would be a bad thing? I'd certainly play the shit out of a Destiny like Halo. Plus what you're saying would contradict with what Aaron Greenberg has said about the game so my conclusion is simply based on those comments. I really don't know what Halo Infinite is going to be.

"Greenberg reiterated that Infinite — not Halo 6 — is “the next Halo game,” and that it will realized a “bigger, bolder vision” for the franchise."

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Maybe so. I don't see why a service base Halo would be a bad thing? I'd certainly play the shit out of a Destiny like Halo. Plus what you're saying would contradict with what Aaron Greenberg has said about the game so my conclusion is simply based on those comments. I really don't know what Halo Infinite is going to be.

"Greenberg reiterated that Infinite — not Halo 6 — is “the next Halo game,” and that it will realized a “bigger, bolder vision” for the franchise."

Like I said they want to gain the main fans back, now maybe something like that will come post release where it expands in the MP side from there, but no way it comes as a priority. 

We all know Greenberg is a moron. 1080p man... :hest:

343's Jeff Easterling has spoken up to stress that Halo: Infinite is Halo 6, even if it's not specifically called that.

"It is Halo 6," Easterling said during a recent Mixer broadcast. "You should just consider it Halo 6. Don't think of it as a weird prequel kind of thing. It's the next story. It's the next chapter in what is going on."

Studio head Chris Lee already confirmed that Halo: Infinite is a direct sequel to 2015's Halo 5: Guardians. It's also been confirmed that the new game will focus more on Master Chief, which is notable because Halo 5 split time between Chief and Agent Locke.

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Like I said they want to gain the main fans back, now maybe something like that will come post release where it expands in the MP side from there, but no way it comes as a priority. 

We all know Greenberg is a moron. 1080p man... :hest:

343's Jeff Easterling has spoken up to stress that Halo: Infinite is Halo 6, even if it's not specifically called that.

"It is Halo 6," Easterling said during a recent Mixer broadcast. "You should just consider it Halo 6. Don't think of it as a weird prequel kind of thing. It's the next story. It's the next chapter in what is going on."

Studio head Chris Lee already confirmed that Halo: Infinite is a direct sequel to 2015's Halo 5: Guardians. It's also been confirmed that the new game will focus more on Master Chief, which is notable because Halo 5 split time between Chief and Agent Locke.

I think we're going to see what it's all about at E3 2019. I can't see Microsoft skipping out on Halo in 2019... they need their #1 franchise to keep up Xbox One sales.

16 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I think we're going to see what it's all about at E3 2019. I can't see Microsoft skipping out on Halo in 2019... they need their #1 franchise to keep up Xbox One sales.

It would make more sense in 2020, hell if they release their new system it would make a good day one release across all three platforms. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It would make more sense in 2020, hell if they release their new system it would make a good day one release across all three platforms. 

I don't think it matters. The next Xbox will be backwards compatible and based on Microsoft's efforts they'll up the visuals for a new Xbox hardware release in 2020... unless the next Xbox doesn't come until 2021. They could launch it with an expansion to Halo Infinite which would should be enough to push new hardware.

8 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah, and they're still not done with it. Late Winter/Spring 2020 all day. 

If they’re not done with it by mid 2019 you may have a point. It’s clear they work with mocap right up to the final 6 month polishing run