So, the Resident Evil Purists are pretty much dead, right?

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL @ this revisionist shit that RE4 sucked   RE4 was easily the top game of that generation. Mechanically, it was so advanced, so ahead of the curb that every western game copied it. It was

RE4 is exceptional. The atmosphere is still top notch and it’s filled with the tense, foreboding moments you expect to see in a RE game.

well, that too  

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lmfao DynamiteCop actually thinks HE decides what a resident Evil game is. 

Shinji Mikami the creator of the Resident Evil series? Pfffft... what does he know? .... DynamiteCop knows more about what makes it a resident evil game than him :|

He'll go and play RE2make without so much as a thought to it being a direct evolution of RE4. 

I didn't read all of that shitty thread bc everyone is gay. I'm about to eat some burgers. You gays are the gayest people I've ever seen on the internet. Let that sink in. 

22 minutes ago, kaz said:

I didn't read all of that shitty thread bc everyone is gay. I'm about to eat some burgers. You gays are the gayest people I've ever seen on the internet. Let that sink in. 

You on here with us. :jerkit:

23 minutes ago, kaz said:

swhbr

• Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

None of you sour ass mother fuckers can come up with even the slightest bit of tangible relatability as to how this game functioned competently in its position as Resident Evil. 

If you remove a couple characters from the equation it has basically nothing to do with anything Resident Evil related. It's not a survival horror,  it's an action/thriller. "Tension" is created by a lockup mechanic in control while attacking and hordes of enemies capable of wielding weapons and executing ranged attacks, its story doesn't make any sense whatsoever and has nothing to do with anything related to previous entries and there's just this massive gap in logical cohesion from the previous games to this. There's almost no backtracking and you get forced into an upward curve of linear forward progression which you can't go back on. You don't have to manage your resources for shit, the puzzles are weak and rudimentary and because of the lack of backtracking in the gameplay they're solved easily as everything you need is located in close proximity.

It's a garbage Resident Evil game, it's just as bad as 5 and 6 were. People seem to think those games were so much worse and some tragedy in relation to 4. No, they're just branches of exactly what was already wrong with 4 to begin with. 

Okay? And "Tension" was achieved in the original series with intentionally bad controls and fixed camera angles. You trying to make a point here? Because you're failing. 

Are you seriously complaining about the story in the RE games? Have you played ANY of these games? The entire basis of this series universe is based off campy B rate horror films, you're not suppose to take it as seriously as you appear to be.  And FYI, there is a connection to the series in RE4. Krauser and Ada were ordered to go undercover by Wesker (you know who this is, right?) to find out what this cult is using since, you know, Umbrella is ALL about bio-weaponry. Umbrella clearly can't go the viral route anymore for obvious reasons (you should know why if you've played the games) so they're interested in this  new parasite that this cult is using. 

Nice to see you made it past the first Chapter. Oh wait, apparently you didn't because the Castle literally has you backtracking all over it to grab items and shit you need to progress further into it.

Don't have to manage your resources? I want whatever Attache Case you were using because I'm constantly having to make decisions on what I need and what I don't. I'm constantly always dry on specific ammo so the ammo I do have for that particular gun I need to hold onto. RE4 doesn't have an infinite Item Box I can just dump shit into for later use, I have to stay flexible and adapt to the situations as they come and hope I have what I need when the time arises. 

Honestly, it just sounds like your beef is stemming from setting. RE4 isn't confined to a single place, it's scope is bigger than that.

1 minute ago, Sabo said:

Okay? And "Tension" was achieved in the original series with intentionally bad controls and fixed camera angles. You trying to make a point here? Because you're failing. 

Are you seriously complaining about the story in the RE games? Have you played ANY of these games? The entire basis of this series universe is based off campy B rate horror films, you're not suppose to take it as seriously as you appear to be.  And FYI, there is a connection to the series in RE4. Krauser and Ada were ordered to go undercover by Wesker (you know who this is, right?) to find out what this cult is using since, you know, Umbrella is ALL about bio-weaponry. Umbrella clearly can't go the viral route anymore for obvious reasons (you should know why if you've played the games) so they're interested in this  new parasite that this cult is using. 

Nice to see you made it past the first Chapter. Oh wait, apparently you didn't because the Castle literally has you backtracking all over it to grab items and shit you need to progress further into it.

Don't have to manage your resources? I want whatever Attache Case you were using because I'm constantly having to make decisions on what I need and what I don't. I'm constantly always dry on specific ammo so the ammo I do have for that particular gun I need to hold onto. RE4 doesn't have an infinite Item Box I can just dump shit into for later use, I have to stay flexible and adapt to the situations as they come and hope I have what I need when the time arises. 

Honestly, it just sounds like your beef is stemming from setting. RE4 isn't confined to a single place, it's scope is bigger than that.

Sabo...he's mad because it was a temporary GC exclusive.  If it came out on xbox he'd be praising it as the GOAT and making threads about how RE2make comes close but doesn't quite measure up.

I haven't played RE2make yet, though I expect it to be leaps and bounds better than any RE since 4.

3 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Sabo...he's mad because it was a temporary GC exclusive.  If it came out on xbox he'd be praising it as the GOAT and making threads about how RE2make comes close but doesn't quite measure up.

I haven't played RE2make yet, though I expect it to be leaps and bounds better than any RE since 4.

REmake 2 is great. I have my problems with the game but for the most part I enjoy playing it and it has me looking forward to what the next entry is going to be like. If the next game continues to build and improve on what REmake 2 does then it's going to be something really special. 

Lol are people arguing RE4 isn't a huge departure from traditional RE games? Really now? It's pretty understandable why some of the old school RE fans like me aren't big fan of the changes and what continued after.

I mean, I actually prefer RE7 over RE4... It was actually more of what I wanted out of a RE game. I mean RE4 might be the superior game technically speaking, but RE7 was the best at being a RE game out of the two.

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

LMAO this thread = Sheep desperate to hold onto RE4 as this amazing game.. +Sabo who thinks RE4 was threatening and panic inducing :hest: 

"people should be made to study RE4's game design" :mj: 

:rofl: 

Lmfao at you if you think only sheep believe that RE4 is a masterpiece..... that's pretty much the consensus with Developers throughout the industry. 

You guys opinions on a message board doesn't change how this game is regarded. :cmpunk1:

Just now, Goukosan said:

Lmfao at you if you think only sheep believe that RE4 is a masterpiece..... that's pretty much the consensus with Developers throughout the industry. 

You guys opinions on a message board doesn't change how this game is regarded. :cmpunk1:

Really.. because you dumbos are acting like it does.. :mjpls:

Too bad for you Capcom realizes that survival horror is what Resident Evil should be.. and not super fun action hero QTE 4. :hest: 

RE7 and RE2make.... RE3make coming.. and RE8.  SURVIVAL HORROR IS BACK.  FUCK RE4  :juggle: 

I don't give a shit about the RE franchise anymore. The story went to shit with 4 onwards. Give me the RE3 Remake and I'm done with the series.

REmake, RE2 Remake, RE3 Remake. :bow: 

• Upvote 1