Anyone getting the Trials beta?

"Beta". More of a demo, since the games out next week. 

I was thinking of grabbing the full game on Switch since Trials is a good game to fuck around with while watching ball/hockey. But I just remembered how reliant the series is on analog triggers. Not sure how that'll work out. I'll probably get the demo on Switch and see how it feels, if it sucks I'll grab it on PS4. 

I got an email regarding the trials beta, but the links just led me to pre-order pages.

Which made me believe that I needed to pre-order something in order to get access.  But they call it an "open beta" so I presume it will just be some limited time demo.

I'd like to see if it runs well on the Switch. Somebody showed a video of it and it looks surprisingly competent.

12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I got an email regarding the trials beta, but the links just led me to pre-order pages.

Which made me believe that I needed to pre-order something in order to get access.  But they call it an "open beta" so I presume it will just be some limited time demo.

I'd like to see if it runs well on the Switch. Somebody showed a video of it and it looks surprisingly competent.

my understanding is that you can just go grab it off the eshop. im at work right now so can't test on switch but it's definitely available on the ps store. 

3 minutes ago, Casual said:

my understanding is that you can just go grab it off the eshop. im at work right now so can't test on switch but it's definitely available on the ps store. 

I viewed my email last night, I don't think it was starting until today, the 21st.

Fucking french and their European format for dates.

21-2 to 25-2, the fuck??

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

I viewed my email last night, I don't think it was starting until today, the 21st.

Fucking french and their European format for dates.

21-2 to 25-2, the fuck??

lmao.

to be fair i think that's the "literally everywhere but murica" format for dates. at least here in Canada it's the same. 

but yeah. 

Edited by Casual

I tried it out on the Switch, and that is definitely alright.

Its going to be 30fps, but the stages are all there, I thought the issue was going to be in the physics and in the more elaborate stages. It all holds up well.

AND, I remember seeing a video last month about how they recommended the right analog stick for acceleration and braking, and they are correct. Its the best way to play the game. Its already active, just start using the right-analog, you'll get used to it in about 5-10 minutes.

That elaborate stage with the spooky skulls at night, I remember that one being an absolute bitch while playing the closed beta on PS4 a few months ago. And I played it until I got Gold (no crashes, and under a certain time).

And it was still a bitch on Switch, but with the right-analog stick, I was able to get gold as well.

Very enticing purchase. This would make one hell of a portable game. But I've beaten the other Trials games on PC.