Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - Visual improvement update

Much less sterile than before.. which was my biggest complaint with the visuals.  Improvements like this over the entire game, will make it a MUCH better product, overall.

Delay seems to be paying off.. I'm glad.

2 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

There's like 8 million games like this 

Not really. There are a lot Metroidvanias with a similar structure but most either can’t or don’t go far enough to replicate castlevania’s actual gameplay, pacing, and many rpg elements. That’s where Bloodstained is different.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Not really. There are a lot Metroidvanias with a similar structure but most either can’t or don’t go far enough to replicate castlevania’s actual gameplay, pacing, and many rpg elements. That’s where Bloodstained is different.

Deadcells

2 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Deadcells

rogue likes is the worst new genre right after battle royal in recent years. 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Lol no, Deadcells is not comparable. In fact I consider myself a big metroidvania fan and found it to be really overrated.

The combat is fantastic, the art style is nice, the music is lovely, the gameplay is spot on. 

But I would like deadcells 2 to be a story driven game with a fully realized world instead of roguelike

19 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

The combat is fantastic, the art style is nice, the music is lovely, the gameplay is spot on. 

But I would like deadcells 2 to be a story driven game with a fully realized world instead of roguelike

It fails where it matters the most - the level design is just plain bad. You see the same exact chunks of prefab assets repeated over and over again. They're not remotely comparable to Castlevania's handcrafted & unique levels.

Edited by Twinblade