Remember the guy that killed a Mountain Lion ?

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

The only reason the guy even stood a chance is because he saw it before it attacked him.

It was 35 pounds ! 150 lb cats attack people and they have been fought off .

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Look at that redneck so proud to have killed a cat btw lol . Tough guy 

It was 41 pounds and regardless a cat that big could fuck you up. A 10 pound house cat could fuck you up if it latched on, multiply a cats weight by four, add far more muscle, larger claws and teeth a

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I would choke slam that little cat and it would have been game over just like the mountain kitten that was murdered .

giphy.gif

:kaz:

these shits are also super fast. I would just give up and accept my fate if I had to fight one of these (even at 35 pounds). I'm kinda fat and unfit atm. 

the only chance I'd have is sit my fat ass on that bitch 

Edited by kaz
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Say whatever you want man, you rage quit Sea of Thieves and Dark Souls, what chance do you stand against a cougar attacking you :lawl:

Most leopard attacks on people aren't even successful. This shit all over YouTube , being scared to death of a 35 pound cat LMAO 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

Most leopard attacks on people aren't even successful. This shit all over YouTube , being scared to death of a 35 pound cat LMAO 

aren't you scared of trash pandas? 

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

Knowing anything about wild cats you sure as shit should be scared, he was lucky this thing was orphaned. At that age if it were not its mother would have been nearby to kill a long with it. 

It's a 40 lb sack of muscle and razor blades coming at you at 30-40 MPH... You're trippin. 

LOL Jon... a hungry 50lbs cat is no fucking joke.  And you just try kicking it in the ribs... a cats reflexes far surpass our own.  I'm not saying it can't be done, but by the time you can do it, it's already jumped up and got it's claws around your face/neck.

YES.. people have fought off much larger cats... but cats are very intelligent hunters who will assess you and test if you are more trouble than you are worth.  In most cases, you're not and they leave for easier prey... but a hungry or starving cat?  You could still fight it off, but you're in trouble, and if it gets you in an artery, you can bleed out.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

LOL Jon... a hungry 50lbs cat is no fucking joke.  And you just try kicking it in the ribs... a cats reflexes far surpass our own.  I'm not saying it can't be done, but by the time you can do it, it's already jumped up and got it's claws around your face/neck.

YES.. people have fought off much larger cats... but cats are very intelligent hunters who will assess you and test if you are more trouble than you are worth.  In most cases, you're not and they leave for easier prey... but a hungry or starving cat?  You could still fight it off, but you're in trouble, and if it gets you in an artery, you can bleed out.

Jon is obviously trying to draw comparisons to a domesticated house cat and extrapolate that, these things are purpose built to hunt and kill and generally it's animals larger than them...

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Jon is obviously trying to draw comparisons to a domesticated house cat and extrapolate that, these things are purpose built to hunt and kill and generally it's animals larger than them...

I know Jon knows better than that.  I think the way it was reported and presented was like as if this guy killed a huge mountain lion with his bare hands and it turns out it wasn't a full grown cat.. so Jon basically feels like it was just bullshit and knows he's heard of people fighting off much bigger cats.  But as I said.. it's not that people kill those cats, or really hurt them... it's that the cat just decides that they aren't worth the trouble.  If a mountain lion was hungry, and hadn't eaten for a while, and you are alone and stumble across it... you're in big trouble if it doesn't back down.  A cut down the arm or the neck can kill you.. especially if you are away from civilization and are alone.

Humans, and the noises they make are intimidating though, and they know there's other prey out there, so it's usually nothing... but make no mistake.. if one wants you dead.. you're probably dead.

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

:facep: I got this fam.

wa8zq.gif

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I know Jon knows better than that.  I think the way it was reported and presented was like as if this guy killed a huge mountain lion with his bare hands and it turns out it wasn't a full grown cat.. so Jon basically feels like it was just bullshit and knows he's heard of people fighting off much bigger cats.  But as I said.. it's not that people kill those cats, or really hurt them... it's that the cat just decides that they aren't worth the trouble.  If a mountain lion was hungry, and hadn't eaten for a while, and you are alone and stumble across it... you're in big trouble if it doesn't back down.  A cut down the arm or the neck can kill you.. especially if you are away from civilization and are alone.

Humans, and the noises they make are intimidating though, and they know there's other prey out there, so it's usually nothing... but make no mistake.. if one wants you dead.. you're probably dead.

I'm well aware of them, I've had to shoot in the air at them before and bears. This is the kind of area I'm from, I'm well versed in dealing with big cats.

Luckily in all my time in the woods I've never run into one, I've seen them on my property a few times a year.

LSnmRt5.jpg

I don't give a fuck what you say, dumBo. I have a 10lb cat and that mother fucker doesn't fuck around. :scared: I can't imagine getting involved with a 41lb cat.

Edited by lynux3
4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I don't give a fuck what you say, dumBo. I have a 10lb cat and that mother fucker doesn't fuck around. :scared: I can't imagine getting involved with a 41lb cat.

smells a little fishy itt :mroff:

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

That's the weight of a typical adult female pitbull, 40 lbs doesn't seem like a lot when there's no context applied. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!