Sekiro Previews rolling in

What's interesting is the way Sekiro is using ideas similar to what fans are familiar with to create fresh experiences--whether it's combining the assassination opportunities of stealth that even work on some bosses, with more aggressive combat; or thinking about ways to both use and avoid death. Sekiro's different spin on From Software's formula creates a new, interesting relationship with video game death for players, while continuing to be just as crushing as fans expect.

I've only experienced a fraction of what Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice has to offer, but I'm excited - albeit in a oh god I think I'm going to snap a controller kind of way. There are hints at a greater, potentially time travelling, narrative within the general shinobi and master dialogue, and with even more weird, wonderful and probably terrifyingly powerful things on the horizon, it should be quite the adventure.

But in the week since I played Sekiro, that's the memory I keep returning to. From Software loves to pull the rug out from under us: Stumbling into those high-level skeletons behind Firelink, or gaining enough Insight to see Yharnam for what it really is. The studio has a way of making worlds that are dense with strange, one-of-a-kind ideas. There's no doubt in my mind that the early game showdown with the samurai is just the tip of the iceberg. Sekiro's number one priority is to surprise you. In other words, it's a From game.

FromSoft :bow::bow:

Edited by Casual
38 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i'm not into these games, but the combat looks pretty sick. 

Yeah, definitely seems like some changes but not enough to sway someone who didn't want anything to do with soulsbornes. 

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Souls had too much item customisation, skills and weapons to balance plus stats and spells. I asked this will be the most refined combat.

I get your point that it might be easier to build a combat system like that, but it's a stupid argument because you can balance all the ways you can play a character around the content.

It's not like it always has to be completely imbalanced like the magic spells in demon's for example. You, playing thousands of jrpgs, should know that.

I like how the game relies on intel tho. The game seems to have more direct lore instead of metaphors/weird characters and secrets to figure out.