Halo Infinite Could Adopt Games As Service Structure

Hmm... I might have been wrong.

Halo Infinite appears primed to get its big debut at E3 2019, but it may be a very different kind of game. Comments from Kiki Wolfkill, the head of Halo trans-media at 343, has added more reason to believe that the studio is imagining this as an ongoing game or live service.

"We have to be able to change content quickly," Wolfkill said at 
Fortune's Brainstorm Design conference. "We can't afford to wait three years every time we drop a new product and have it be a black box because the games kids are playing are changing every week."

The reference to a three-year development cycle as outdated, paired with the title of Halo Infinite itself, would seem to suggest that Microsoft and 343 are planning this entry as an ongoing game of some sort. That would also make sense alongside her reference of games that kids are playing currently. It sounds like a reference to games like 
Fortnite, which issues regular challenge updates and new equipment between its large seasonal updates.

Wolfkill also referenced "having a set of rules that people can engage with and buy into for years to come."

More at link
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/h...ice-structu/1100-6465482/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e

You see, this wouldn’t be a problem if they release a full game at launch. But they won’t. It’ll be barebones, and they’ll promote basic features or a “new” (old) gun once a week or so. 

I cant stand these games release basic features as limited timed events. Example: a game mode with respawns should have been in fortnite day 1. Apex should have 4v4, other modes, etc. it’s not like they haven’t already tested them and have the game types ready. 

This is basically RTCW on Xbox 1, aka on-disc dlc shit. 

Edited by ghostz

GaaS is just the new name for releasing an unfinished game. Also, notice how it's western studios who do this the most. Shit is going to be awful just like all the prior games released like this.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

GaaS is just the new name for releasing an unfinished game. Also, notice how it's western studios who do this the most. Shit is going to be awful just like all the prior games released like this.

Well the whole concept of game pass is basically releasing unfinished games that you sub for years to play. I think Halo is too big for them to fuck up, the base will be good, and more content will be added. Then again this is the studio that made MCC and 5.

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

This. So much fucking this.

Also, fuck them as far back as Halo 2 for putting in generic Wookies, and forcing me play as the Covenant.

Also for ruining Legendary Co-op, meaning that if just one of you died, you both restart at the last saved checkpoint... :| 

57 minutes ago, Ike said:

Path of Exile was awesome in open beta and after it released it had enough content (probably more than most games). And now I can't think of many games that have that amount of content. 

You are wrong.