Bel-air (if fresh prince was created today). this is actually awesome!

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So its a real movie?

How are they not getting sued by the creators of the tv show? Maybe they got permission or licensed the rights?

Creative commons, it's a specifically made trailer re-imaging a reboot of the series. I don't think they require permission or the rights to produce essentially a 'fake' trailer.

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Creative commons, it's a specifically made trailer re-imaging a reboot of the series. I don't think they require permission or the rights to produce essentially a 'fake' trailer.

yeah, i believe it falls in the "parody" category, which is why you don't need permission to do fake trailers/commercials/music videos. 

Edited by -GD-

Will Smith's been thinking of bringing the series back but as a cartoon. For a while now, he re-instagrammed fan art of the show, probably testing audience reactions to a particular style.

maybe an ego thing but I don't think he'd greenlight a live-action one unless it's them as adults, it's to precious a role to pass down to another actor.

And I would not watch :D The greatness of Fresh prince is how funny it is, not a damn story line, especially as drama. This as a movie in it's own/not based on anything though, I would. Whoever is behind this should do original material, I think it'd go far

Edited by zwarior