Obsidian fans are really really pissed off about Outer Worlds

All because it's launching on Epic Store and not Steam. Do these PC crybabies only play games on Steam or something?

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/108935-the-outer-worlds-wont-launch-on-steam/page-12

Welp, all my hype for TOW just went down the sitter. CD Projekt Red is the only company I can trust now. CDPR, if you're reading this, please don't follow the same path as Private Division with Cyberpunk! T.T

I'll join the chorus of those not buying this much anticipated game anymore because of this epically bad decision. Sure, as others have said, I'll buy it on a Steam sale 2-3 years from now for peanuts.

I was hyped for this game, now i had to create an account here just so i could come and tell you where to shove your EPIC betrayal.......

I was really excited for this game, I enjoyed all of Obsidian titles, I'm sure I would enjoy this one to, but, I'm out.

Just a fan

If they did this, i'm not just gonna turn away from this game, hell away from this developer studio i praised and supported for years now, i'm gonna turn against it, and may others will.

As soon as this goes valid, you'll see outrage not even Bethesda and EA combined could muster.

That being said, If you're gonna boicot and review bomb the game, i'll be there with you.

As much as i loved Obsidian, screwing over Outerworld will make a very strong point where the gaming community stands concerning "Epic" Games Store.

I for one wont stand by and let a Commie ****show of a platform that datamines your PC with spyware and is greed driven have their way.

This game was far more hyped than Metro , keep that in mind.

If Obsidian dont like it, they can do something about it, even if they are just the developer.

Something tells me they knew about this, especially considering they are getting a fatter slice of the pie.

As far as I'm concerned , Obsidian, you're with us or against us!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Remij_ "lans"

As consumers they are voting with their wallets and are making the conscious decision to lambaste the publisher over their distribution decision and make it known why. You should not have to accept yo

Posted Images

As consumers they are voting with their wallets and are making the conscious decision to lambaste the publisher over their distribution decision and make it known why. You should not have to accept your digital licenses being attached to an abhorrent platform which is bare bones, insecure, shady with personal information sharing and that digs into your file system well beyond the scope of its needed access.

It's a garbage platform, people have reason to be pissed about it being made only available there. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

As consumers they are voting with their wallets and are making the conscious decision to lambaste the publisher over their distribution decision and make it known why. You should not have to accept your digital licenses being attached to an abhorrent platform which is bare bones, insecure, shady with personal information sharing and that digs into your file system well beyond the scope of its needed access.

You are overthinking things for a single player game. Either way it's just another store that distributes games. just like you buying a game from Walmart or Gamestop it doesn't matter. If a distributor offers more incentives for the publisher/developer to release on it's platform, I don't see how it's a bad thing. Nobody is locked out of anything. 

Edited by Pureis

I love it :juggle: 

The best thing about this is the inevitable turn coat that will happen when Epic's store starts gaining features that Steam has, one-by-one, and then more developers start making deals with Epic... and of course, Epic will produce their own games. :juggle: 

I fucking LOVE this.  LMAO client warz fanboiz.. what a bunch of fucking babies.  bubut my accoutns.. bub ut epic isn't trustworthy :cry: 

Fuckheads... this is a company that's DRIVEN to succeed, and will place their money where their mouth is to meet that end.  In 2 years, this will all seem ridiculous.  I see the moves they are making... and they are making the right moves.  Sure they are stoking the fire a bit by ripping games off Steam that would have launched there first... but that's PUBLISHERS making those decisions.. so the hate is misguided.

Hermit boycotts are hilarious :hest: 

6 minutes ago, Pureis said:

You are overthinking things for a single player game. Either way it's just another store that distributes games. just like you buying a game from Walmart or Gamestop it doesn't matter. If a distributor offers more incentives for the publisher/developer to release on it's platform, I don't see how it's a bad thing. Nobody is locked out of anything. 

I'm overthinking nothing, that is what it is. 

This isn't anything like buying a game from a store physically, I'm not bound to GameStop because I bought a game there. These are digital licenses, no one trusts them, no one likes the way they're doing business, they're shady, their platform is junk, it's not secure and it's messing with aspects of peoples file systems it shouldn't be touching. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's a garbage platform, people have reason to be pissed about it being made only available there. 

When games like Metro Exodus have 2.5x better sales during the same launch period on STEAM, they're just like the very same leftists you rail on about in any other thread.

Throwing up a stink, having a hissy fit, but in reality the world continues to rotate and the Developer/Publisher see more revenue; not just from the decrease in the take from Epic, but the increase in sales.

Keep living in the woods; both metaphorically, and literally.

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

When games like Metro Exodus have 2.5x better sales during the same launch period on STEAM, they're just like the very same leftists you rail on about in any other thread.

Throwing up a stink, having a hissy fit, but in reality the world continues to rotate and the Developer/Publisher see more revenue; not just from the decrease in the take from Epic, but the increase in sales.

Keep living in the woods; both metaphorically, and literally.

Metro Exodus was hands down a game of much larger scope and advertised to the high heavens well beyond any Metro game before it, it would have sold more than that on Steam. 

You're being as dumb as Remij. 

Hermits are so easily rattled. :rofl: Fucking assclown entitled crybaby fucks, every last one of them. Developers don't owe you shit if you game on PC, nobody has to cater to your shitty ass taste or preference in Digital Distribution methods. :D 

Imagine if these guys had to go through what console guys do. Back in the day, if you were a resident evil fan, you were forced to buy a whole new fucking console (gamecube) to play the games at all. You liked that copy of Silent Hill 2 on XBOX? Well get fucked because SH3 is a PS2 exclusive. Plunk down $400 and STFU. It's business.

Hermits can't even get off their fat ass to download 2 different free apps. :will: FUCK PC!

Edited by Bodycount N

I have no idea why people cheer Valve on as the "good guy"

They are literally not the same company they were 10 years ago. They've introduced some pretty bad consumer practices, they've released crap products that they don't support.

The only they care about is having a game store open and having all purchases of games and DLC and user-created DLC go through them so that they can get a cut of the revenue stream.

There's nothing stopping them from securing exclusive deals as well. They don't do it, because they have the attitude that they don't need to shit, you'll buy from them anyway.

Epic is trying. They have the money and are putting it into getting exclusives. I don't blame them for that.

4 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Hermits are so easily rattled. :rofl: Fucking assclown entitled crybaby fucks, every last one of them. Developers don't owe you shit if you game on PC, nobody has to cater to your shitty ass taste or preference in Digital Distribution methods. :D 

Imagine if these guys had to go through what console guys do. Back in the day, if you were a resident evil fan, you were forced to buy a whole new fucking console (gamecube) to play the games at all. You liked that copy of Silent Hill 2 on XBOX? Well get fucked because SH3 is a PS2 exclusive. Plunk down $400 and STFU. It's business.

Hermits can't even get off their fat ass to download 2 different free apps. :will: FUCK PC!

A game from one console to another requires porting, this requires additional money, time and resources. That's not even remotely the same as setting up a walled garden for a game that would have universal function on the platform regardless of where it's sold.

Another dumb bodycount post, shocking. 

Lmao, didn't know "good guy" Steam have so many fanboys, it's hilarious.

It's not only Retardera, all over the internet people are giving Epic a hard time for trying to compete with Steam lmao.

8 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Which Hermits do you see crying about this? Even JonBrecently2PC is on board with Epic Games having a store?

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The only reason for that is I presume Microsoft's acquisition of Obsidian. I'd buy it there before the Epic Store. 

Look at your sig & avy, of course you would fucking buy it there. :roll: :D 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Over the Epic Store? Of course, I'd buy it anywhere it's available before there. 

You're an idiot though, and not even a PC gamer.  Skulk back to your shitty Xbox console please and leave PC gaming to those who actually care. :reg: 

:juggle: 

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You're an idiot though, and not even a PC gamer.  Skulk back to your shitty Xbox console please and leave PC gaming to those who actually care. :reg: 

:juggle: 

Well, I did see him Vape on Twitch while he e-organized his physical game collection. th_freeben_final-1.png