Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SheepKilla

So I'm getting sued for 500k by an insurance company

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

You think I can discuss the facts of an active court case on here? rofl. 

 

And yes, I know they realize they can never get that money out of me. 

 

From the documents I read, they are actually using me as a pawn to sue another organization, claiming it's their fault. It's kinda funny actually :D 

 

You are allowed to disclose the reason for the case, it’s public knowledge if I look it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nya` said:

Whatever it is it sounds like he had a certain amount of liability coverage but this massive amount of money greatly exceeds it. I'm sure his insurance has already paid out or is in the process of paying out their covered share and he's being pursued for the excess. 

That only would happen if the amount of money he's liable for would have ALREADY been determined in a court.

 

His own insurance company would have notified him that they've determined he's at-fault, and they're paying out their max limit and closing the claim and that he's responsible for himself after that.

 

If all of that is still unfinished, and things are still ongoing with his insurance company, he should send that letter to them.  Hell, he should still send it and verify with his own company that they no longer represent him anymore in this matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That only would happen if the amount of money he's liable for would have ALREADY been determined in a court.

 

His own insurance company would have notified him that they've determined he's at-fault, and they're paying out their max limit and closing the claim and that he's responsible for himself after that.

 

If all of that is still unfinished, and things are still ongoing with his insurance company, he should send that letter to them.  Hell, he should still send it and verify with his own company that they no longer represent him anymore in this matter.

From what he's said it doesn't sound like his insurance is involved anymore, also insurance claims rarely go to court if fault is clear and they just pay out the max of their liability on the policy. Whatever this is sounds like this greatly exceeds what he was insured for and now he's being sued for the remainder. 

 

It also sounds like an on the job incident which would explain why he said they're going through him to try and get to another organization which I assume is his employer. If it's auto related with that cost the only thing I could think of is that he caused an accident involving a semi fully loaded which was carrying valuable goods that were destroyed.

Edited by Nya`

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nya` said:

From what he's said it doesn't sound like his insurance is involved anymore, also insurance claims rarely go to court if fault is clear and they just pay out the max of their liability on the policy. Whatever this is sounds like this greatly exceeds what he was insured for and now he's being sued for the remainder. 

Did he kill someone, how much damage could he possibly do to where his insurance pays out their max limit, and they are still looking for hundreds of thousands of dollars MORE from him?
 

It seems like this is an auto insurance claim. How do you create hundreds of thousands of dollars of liability?  Did he drive a large vehicle into a Lamborghini car lot or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Did he kill someone, how much damage could he possibly do to where his insurance pays out their max limit, and they are still looking for hundreds of thousands of dollars MORE from him?
 

It seems like this is an auto insurance claim. How do you create hundreds of thousands of dollars of liability?  Did he drive a large vehicle into a Lamborghini car lot or something?

 

11 minutes ago, Nya` said:

 

It also sounds like an on the job incident which would explain why he said they're going through him to try and get to another organization which I assume is his employer. If it's auto related with that cost the only thing I could think of is that he caused an accident involving a semi fully loaded which was carrying valuable goods that were destroyed.

The trucks alone run $180,000+ plus whatever cargo they're carrying. 

Edited by Nya`

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nya` said:

 

 

Then I'm surprised he's alive because when semis collide with something, they don't swerve away.  Even the company suing him should know they're not going to get anything if they take him to court, he'll just declare bankruptcy.

 

But his insurance company would've issued a statement on their claim to determine his fault in the accident.  And if his own insurance company had concluded he's at-fault, that definitely won't help him when he's trying to defend himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it was a horrific car accident. Very similar to what DynamiteCop just described. 

 

There was no insurance involved on my side. Just the other party's insurance, who just randomly sued me lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SheepKilla said:

Yes it was a horrific car accident. Very similar to what DynamiteCop just described. 

 

There was no insurance involved on my side. Just the other party's insurance, who just randomly sued me lol.  

:aitch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Yes it was a horrific car accident. Very similar to what DynamiteCop just described. 

 

There was no insurance involved on my side. Just the other party's insurance, who just randomly sued me lol.  

It was probably a chain accident.

 

And I used to think that the only person that can claim anything against you is the party that directly touches your car, but that may not be true anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean if you're at fault and were determined at fault there's no real defense, I'm sure the police already determined their side of things and issued you a citation. All I can say is prepare yourself because massive hardship is coming your way and it may impact you for the rest of your life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nya` said:

I mean if you're at fault and were determined at fault there's no real defense, I'm sure the police already determined their side of things and issued you a citation. All I can say is prepare yourself because massive hardship is coming your way and it may impact you for the rest of your life.

There was no declaration of at fault from my insurance. Their insurance, obviously, declared me a fault, however. 

 

I'm not at fault. I think it's totally baseless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

There was no declaration of at fault from my insurance. Their insurance, obviously, declared me a fault, however. 

 

I'm not at fault. I think it's totally baseless. 

Well then make the best argument you can, go to the location and take pictures showing them where you were, what happened and how. Get a copy of the police report, take pictures of your vehicle and talk about the damage and how it happened.

 

Come prepared as best you can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nya` said:

Well then make the best argument you can, go to the location and take pictures showing them where you were, what happened and how. Get a copy of the police report, take pictures of your vehicle and talk about the damage and how it happened.

 

Come prepared as best you can. 

I don't think you understand. 

 

This isn't some traffic ticket hearing or something where you show up and just talk. 

 

This is a full blown lawsuit in the Court system, with multiple attorneys, hearings, and motions scheduled until a trial occurs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

I don't think you understand. 

 

This isn't some traffic ticket hearing or something where you show up and just talk. 

 

This is a full blown lawsuit in the Court system, with multiple attorneys, hearings, and motions scheduled until a trial occurs. 

And would you be better off with none of that or with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nya` said:

And would you be better off with none of that or with it?

I already have it. But the problem is it will be irrelevant until a trial occurs. 

 

Right now I need to focus on making legal arguments before a Judge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

There was no declaration of at fault from my insurance. Their insurance, obviously, declared me a fault, however. 

 

I'm not at fault. I think it's totally baseless. 

Wait a minute.............so you HAVE auto insurance? Or did you at least have an active auto insurance policy at the time of the accident?

 

Because if you do.......you WANT THEM to legally represent you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Wait a minute.............so you HAVE auto insurance? Or did you at least have an active auto insurance policy at the time of the accident?

 

Because if you do.......you WANT THEM to legally represent you.

Due to a loophole they basically got out of having anything to do with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ike said:

Good luck bro.

Thank you. Means a lot to me. I am confident I will win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×