John Wick 3 98% RT

Just came back from watching it. It was very entertaining, and the story felt more fleshed out than the second movie.

Best use of the Dolby Atmos theater from any movie I've seen at AMC theaters, the sound comes very handy with a certain scene at the end.

18 minutes ago, eastside49er said:

So what they are telling us is the 3rd one is better than the 1st one? :guh:

The third finally bring the world-building lore firmly into the main story.

In the previous two movies, it was always like a cool background thing. In the second movie, they needed to flesh out the lore in order to make John Wick honor a debt and to imply how heinous it was for him to "break the rules."

As I was watching this movie, I almost started getting feelings that this whole underworld power structure started to feel like The Matrix 2 and 3 where they explain the beings that control the Matrix.

3 was awesome! Holy shit! Like jehurey said, they build on its lore. However, those parts are actually interesting and never bog down the action. The set pieces constantly change up, and many are complete eyegasms! The director also finds new and clever ways to “execute” Wick’s beautifully brutal carnage.

Edited by -GD-