Nvidia's Computex keynote is coming up in about 50min (New "Super" announcement)

So it's 1h till Nvidia's conference.  I'm betting they bump the MEM and Core clocks of the RTX lineup as well as a bit of a price cut to stave off AMD's Navi announcements.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Everything points to a Turing refresh with higher bandwidth memory. I don't expect GPU core clock to increase at all, but who knows.

I agree.. but Turing easily OC's 100mhz.  It will probably be just a mem bandwidth increase.. but yea.

I'm hoping they announce some other stuff too though.  I would honestly love to see a complete refresh/redesign of their Driver software to be more modern, as well as framerate control and other driver level things people have been asking for forever.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I agree.. but Turing easily OC's 100mhz.  It will probably be just a mem bandwidth increase.. but yea.

I'm hoping they announce some other stuff too though.  I would honestly love to see a complete refresh/redesign of their Driver software to be more modern, as well as framerate control and other driver level things people have been asking for forever.

It could definitely use a redesign for sure. How long have they been sporting the current interface? A decade?

7 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It could definitely use a redesign for sure. How long have they been sporting the current interface? A decade?

Yea, at least. It's garbage.. really.  It's ugly and it's also not very well organized.  They could make it much better.. so hopefully they do that at some point.  I mean, look at AMD's interface compared to Nvidia's lmao...

adaptive_performance.jpg

compatibility-mode.jpg

Nvidia's could be much better.  They need to incorporate GeForce Experience and their control panel all into one lightweight app.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Nvidia is still using that Windows XP looking driver interface lol?

lmao yep.  Make the window as big as you want... all the options remain in that little window you have to scroll down to access :kaz: 

Not to mention the design and layout is needlessly unorganized.

10 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, at least. It's garbage.. really.  It's ugly and it's also not very well organized.  They could make it much better.. so hopefully they do that at some point.  I mean, look at AMD's interface compared to Nvidia's lmao...

adaptive_performance.jpg

compatibility-mode.jpg

Nvidia's could be much better.  They need to incorporate GeForce Experience and their control panel all into one lightweight app.

It's crazy how long they've stuck with it, but if it works it works I guess. I recall it being the same even when I first got my 6800 Ultra. So maybe more than a decade. lol

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

It's crazy how long they've stuck with it, but if it works it works I guess. I recall it being the same even when I first got my 6800 Ultra. So maybe more than a decade. lol

15 years... How long was it like this before that?

• Remij changed the title to Nvidia's Computex keynote is coming up in about 50min (New "Super" announcement)
6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I still have my 6800 Ultra killer, back when ATI was bitch slapping Nvidia around. History will repeat itself. 

:aitch:

jtIqryy.jpg

The 6800 Ultra was a turd. It was an extremely hot GPU and mine failed twice.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

^that still works :hest:

Mine was paired with a Prescott Intel CPU... I really didn't know what the fuck I was doing back in the day. :D

Just now, lynux3 said:

Mine was paired with a Prescott Intel CPU... I really didn't know what the fuck I was doing back in the day. :D

Athlon 64 master race. lol the Pentium 4's were such dogshit. 

I remember you had to spend the $1,000 on the Extreme Edition if you wanted to even compete with the 3200+ :rofl:

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Athlon 64 master race. lol the Pentium 4's were such dogshit. 

I remember you had to spend the $1,000 on the Extreme Edition if you wanted to even compete with the 3200+ :rofl:

Yeah, it was Pentium 4 base clock at 3.6GHz, 2GB DDR2 @ 533MHz, ASUS 6800 Ultra, P5AD2 Premium Intel 925X. After the 6800 Ultra died for the second time I overclocked the CPU hard as fuck and pretty sure I roasted some of the logic gates. ASUS's O.C. Protection shit never kicked in, lol. The thing never performed like it used to after that, obviously.

10 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah, it was Pentium 4 base clock at 3.6GHz, 2GB DDR2 @ 533MHz, ASUS 6800 Ultra, P5AD2 Premium Intel 925X. After the 6800 Ultra died for the second time I overclocked the CPU hard as fuck and pretty sure I roasted some of the logic gates. ASUS's O.C. Protection shit never kicked in, lol. The thing never performed like it used to after that, obviously.

I remember my entire build from that time.

• Athlon 64 3000+ @2.4 Ghz
  • ATI X800 XT Platinum Edition (forgot the clocks)
  • 1GB Corsair XMS Pro TwinX 3500
  • DFI Lan Party UT nF3
  • 600 Watt Silverstone
  • 2x Western Digital Raptor's in Raid-0
  • Lian Li PC-65B
  • Koolance Exos External Liquid Cooling; full loop, Northbridge, GPU, CPU etc. (extra radiator on the back with 6 Vantec Tornado's.

:whew:

lanpartynw_0050.jpg

Edited by DynamiteCop!