List of red flags for the XBox (Console) division/lemmings

2 hours ago, bhytre said:

I'm just sporting the green color until the end of the gen to accept ownage, Already sold my Xflop FreeforeveryOne :poop: 

It's probably PC only from now on, I don't even touch my PS4 for weeks at a time and have grown tired of how slow and ghetto consoles have become :jordan3:

Well next gen is going to have SSDs and part of the marketing is no load times and borderline instant play. So that's coming.

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Well next gen is going to have SSDs and part of the marketing is no load times and borderline instant play. So that's coming.

You're expecting too much, also these demonstrations (Spiderman) from Sony are done on existing software i.e. what will equate to last generation games relative to the system. . Last generation install sizes, last generation load caching, last generation assets, LoD's, textures etc. 

Also SSD's on the PC side are already on the verge of 3-4x read/write speed of what is expected in this system. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You're expecting too much, also these demonstrations (Spiderman) from Sony are done on existing software i.e. what will equate to last generation games relative to the system. . Last generation install sizes, last generation load caching, last generation assets, LoD's, textures etc. 

Also SSD's on the PC side are already on the verge of 3-4x read/write speed of what is expected in this system. 

Assuming a 5gbps data transfer rate and 16-20 gigs of ram. That's like 3 seconds loading max.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Assuming a 5gbps data transfer rate and 16-20 gigs of ram. That's like 3 seconds loading max.

It's not only about the transfer rate of the bus.. You have to remember that those rates aren't always sustained... and they have to decompress those assets as well.  Luckily the consoles will have powerful CPUs to do just that, as well as controllers which make things faster.

It's going to be much improved regardless.. on both sides.   I think we'll see consoles pull ahead in loading times for a bit... but improvements to the way games are actually coded/threaded and designed will improve greatly to maximize potential that was already there on the PC side.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's not only about the transfer rate of the bus.. You have to remember that those rates aren't always sustained... and they have to decompress those assets as well.  Luckily the consoles will have powerful CPUs to do just that, as well as controllers which make things faster.

It's going to be much improved regardless.. on both sides.   I think we'll see consoles pull ahead in loading times for a bit... but improvements to the way games are actually coded/threaded and designed will improve greatly to maximize potential that was already there on the PC side.

Well that's also assuming you load everything into ram with each transition from scratch. Most games have a set amount of ram dedicated to stuff that is never really swapped out anyways.

Also it's not like the GPU can actually access those 16-20 gigs at a time it will take multiple cycles.

So I'm pretty confident for next gen load times.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Or what will happen and typically does with consoles is that most developers will rest on their laurels and do nothing to code or thread their loading as you said but simply let the hardware brute force it. 

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Well that's also assuming you load everything into ram with each transition from scratch. Most games have a set amount of ram dedicated to stuff that is never really swapped out anyways.

Also it's not like the GPU can actually access those 16-20 gigs at a time it will take multiple cycles.

So I'm pretty confident for next gen load times.

Me too.  I think that with these transfer rates, and CPUs... even considering next gen assets, games should be easily able to be coded without much loading screens breaking up the gameplay.

It's probably going to be a very well rounded system.

4 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Dude, Xbox as a brand, and especially as a faction is done. Malakius left, JonB got a PC, Bodycount went Sheep - remember all that ownage delivered to sheep when the Wii was announced and the PS3 had a botched launch? While Bhtyre is still green, I bet you he plays his PS4 more.

So who's left? Spicoli, and DC? :killzone:

The only console I own and that matters is Xbox.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Or what will happen and typically does with consoles is that most developers will rest on their laurels and do nothing to code or thread their loading as you said but simply let the hardware brute force it. 

Possibly.. but I think in those cases, it will be enough regardless.  The devs that are out to try something different and make new gameplay experiences which actually take advantage of this tech (or require it) are definitely inclined to do so.  This kind of stuff really CAN change the gameplay up and create opportunities to do things that weren't possible before.

29 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

It's all more convenient on PC, a quick browse online (lmao console browsers), taking footage, sharing, streaming etc messaging all easier and faster.

Plus all the woke shit hitting consoles and the censorship, it's always the same kiddy shit.

Doubt I'll get a console until maybe very late gen  :]

• Upvote 1

God damn you guys should read the no exclusives for launch, and next gen speculation threads at Resetera. You can almost taste the salty years of everyone doing the mental gymnastics with a Halo avatar.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/windows-central-at-launch-weve-heard-there-wont-be-any-xbox-scarlett-exclusive-games-for-at-least-a-few-years-cont-update-in-op.119891/