Digital Foundry; Sonic Team Racing Xbox1X/S and Switch Analysis.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there it is, in plain writing. Best on Switch.  

Lmao tchbfr og xbox and X performance champions 

45 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

He wasn't here.... how can he remember something when he wasn't here

:trump2:DynamiteCop again twisting reality and straight up lying to suit his BS narrative.... "bbbbut I remember":rofls:

Because this place isn't unique, because the people are not unique, because these ideas are not unique. What is said here is echoed elsewhere and vice verse. The same things were said on Gaf, on The Vestibule, on GS System Wars, on Youtube in every video..

I didn't have to be here or SS to understand that the same conversations taking place everywhere else were also taking place here. You're just replicants. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

It's still a lie bro ski.... "bbbut I remember these guys" :rofls:

It's not a lie, and you don't have to lie to kick it.

It was the same conversation taking place everywhere all day, everyday in any place that allowed discussion of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 games. No one gave a shit about framerate as long as the PlayStation 4 was at 1080p, as long as that could be shoved down peoples necks nothing else matters.

Suddenly it does now.  

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not a lie, and you don't have to lie to kick it.

It was the same conversation taking place everywhere all day, everyday in any place that allowed discussion of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 games. No one gave a shit about framerate as long as the PlayStation 4 was at 1080p, as long as that could be shoved down peoples necks nothing else matters.

Suddenly it does now.  

Don't play stupid. 

You saying that you remember these guys is the lie.  You were not here.... So you lied. 

"Hey guiz, I remembered when I was there in person when JFK was killed" 

"What do you mean I'm lying?  It's true that JFK was killed... everyone knows he got killed.... so how am I lying? :grimaceleft:

Just now, Goukosan said:

Don't play stupid. 

You saying that you remember these guys is the lie.  You were not here.... So you lied. 

"Hey guiz, I remembered when I was there in person when JFK was killed" 

"What do you mean I'm lying?  It's true that JFK was killed... everyone knows he got killed.... so how am I lying? :grimaceleft:

Oh that's cute, you think I'm literally talking about people presently here.

:sabu:

Cows, sheep and lemmings are cows, sheep and lemmings no matter where they are and the things in question were happening everywhere, on every forum board, in every comment section, on every video...

Oh, but you lot are unique. :hest:

This right here is exactly why basing your arguments off of Digital Foundry's interpretations and opinions of things is idiotic. They show snippets of performance, touch on the positives for a second and then drone on about negatives and make it the showpiece of their work.

VG Tech doesn't have any inferences in his work, just framerate graphs from extended sections of play, and with what he's showing and what DF is saying you'd think it's two different games. He shows over 5 minutes of gameplay and for about 4 minutes and 40 seconds of that it's pegged at 60 FPS.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

This right here is exactly why basing your arguments off of Digital Foundry's interpretations and opinions of things is idiotic. They show snippets of performance, touch on the positives for a second and then drone on about negatives and make it the showpiece of their work.

VG Tech doesn't have any inferences in his work, just framerate graphs from extended sections of play, and with what he's showing and what DF is saying you'd think it's two different games. He shows over 5 minutes of gameplay and for about 4 minutes and 40 seconds of that it's pegged at 60 FPS.

DF analysis was based on HOURS of playtime.  They even pointed out that certain stages ran great... while other's did not.  Then there were stages that ran great in sections and bad in others. 

The vid you posted is just 5 minute snippet.... you cannot be this stupid :grimaceleft:

Edited by Goukosan

It seems a common problem with X, games shoot for a higher resolution than they should be. For example RDR2 is clearly bandwidth starved, not GPU starved so it can push the 4K check mark. But then you get other games that are GPU heavy, and those 6tflops aren't enough to push the full 4K that's needed, maybe even the shit CPU bottlenecks it at times, god knows. It clearly some games need to shoot below 2160p, or implement dynamic scaling for heavy load moments.

Edited by Team 2019
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

DF analysis was based on HOURS of playtime. 

That's just a 5 minute snippet.... you cannot be this stupid :grimaceleft:

As if his isn't as well, it's simply condensed. The point remains, when raw data is shown for extended periods of time it falls out of line with their interpretations.

They're hype men, they intend to be controversial and it's largely the entire basis of why they began adding commentary to their videos. I respect what they do as a general service but it's too personal and far too fleeting analytically. 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

It seems a common problem with X, games shoot for a higher resolution than they should be. For example RDR2 is clearly bandwidth starved, not GPU starved so it can push the 4K check mark. But then you get other games that are GPU heavy, and those 6tflops aren't enough to push the full 4K that's needed, maybe even the shit CPU bottlenecks it at times, god knows. 

Watching VG Tech's video the drops happen at very strange times when very little to nothing has actually changed in the scene. It doesn't appear to be any kind of GPU or bandwidth related issue but rather improper frustum culling on the maps. 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

As if his isn't as well, it's simply condensed. The point remains, when raw data is shown for extended periods of time it falls out of line with their interpretations.

They're hype men, they intend to be controversial and it's largely the entire basis of why they began adding commentary to their videos. I respect what they do as a general service but it's too personal and far too fleeting analytically. 

:|

as I said earlier.... DF analysis was based on HOURS of playtime.  They even pointed out that certain stages ran great... while other stages did not.  Then there were stages that ran great in sections and bad in others.. they spoke about all of that. 

That video falls in line with what DF said.

DF intends to be controversial? do you hear yourself? :rofls:

When and X game is clearly superior they say so.  When a PS4 pro game performs better they say so.  When a Switch port is good they say so.. when it's trash.. they say so.... they call it as they see it. 

you ONLY have a problem with them when they say a PS4 pro game performed better than X.   For some reason, you can't accept that fact. 

You're blind and biased as fuck bro. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

:|

as I said earlier.... DF analysis was based on HOURS of playtime.  They even pointed out that certain stages ran great... while other stages did not.  Then there were stages that ran great in sections and bad in others.. they spoke about all of that. 

That video falls in line with what DF said.

DF intends to be controversial? do you hear yourself? :rofls:

When and X game is clearly superior they say so.  When a PS4 pro game performs better they say so.  When a Switch port is good they say so.. when it's trash.. they say so.... they call it as they see it. 

you ONLY have a problem with them when they say a PS4 pro game performed better than X.   For some reason, you can't accept that fact. 

You're blind and biased as fuck bro. 

I have a problem when they say X but then Y is actually happening. Their videos were better when they didn't say anything and simply showed performance graphs for minutes at a time.

They're focused more on entertainment and controversy now rather than objective truths and accuracy of information.  

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I have a problem when they say X but then Y is actually happening. Their videos were better when they didn't say anything and simply showed performance graphs for minutes at a time.

They're focused more on entertainment and controversy now rather than objective truths and accuracy of information.  

You are fucking delusional... real talk :rofls:

Anyone can find a 5 minute section that performs well in an inconsistent performing game.... does that mean as a whole the game performs well?  Absolutely not.

but in your case you post a 5 minute vid that confirms what DF said... inconsistent performance.  Bravo....nice self ownage. 

They showed vids and performance graphs to back up everything they were saying bro. 

You just can't accept it because Pro performed better than X. 

16 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You are fucking delusional... real talk :rofls:

Anyone can find a 5 minute section that performs well in an inconsistent performing game.... does that mean as a whole the game performs well?  Absolutely not.

but in your case you post a 5 minute vid that confirms what DF said... inconsistent performance.  Bravo....nice self ownage. 

They showed vids and performance graphs to back up everything they were saying bro. 

You just can't accept it because Pro performed better than X. 

VG showed a large variance of courses while letting them ride out for extended periods of time to show overall performance, DF showed less courses and created more isolated snippets to show isolated performance.

VG is being objective letting the games performance speak for itself unadulterated under long run conditions where it shows performance ailing being a sparse and gross minority of the experience, it's there but it's not indicative of typical operating conditions. DF is specifically seeking and adding isolated footage centered around performance drops and using it as a talking point misrepresenting the overarching experience of the game. 

You are purposely going out of your way not to see this, it's like intentionally taking bad screenshots in isolation to misrepresent the way a game looks. They're drumming up its issues and injecting hyperbole, their platform is an entertainment product and they're towing the line of controversy to keep it entertaining.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
35 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

VG showed a large variance of courses while letting them ride out for extended periods of time to show overall performance, DF showed less courses and created more isolated snippets to show isolated performance.

VG is being objective letting the games performance speak for itself unadulterated under long run conditions where it shows performance ailing being a sparse and gross minority of the experience, it's there but it's not indicative of typical operating conditions. DF is specifically seeking and adding isolated footage centered around performance drops and using it as a talking point misrepresenting the overarching experience of the game. 

You are purposely going out of your way not to see this, it's like intentionally taking bad screenshots in isolation to misrepresent the way a game looks. They're drumming up its issues and injecting hyperbole, their platform is an entertainment product and they're towing the line of controversy to keep it entertaining.

Now you're straight out lying again. 

DF covered all of that.... game performs inconsistently on Xbox and the 5 minute snippets of gameplay you posted shows that. 

not every single game will be optimized for X.....accept that reality, get over it and move on. :leo: