No leaks yet for MS' conference... Benji says they've got some huge surprises in store

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Btw Remij, you've talked about Dino Crisis so much that you've given me hope for the first time ever.

Don't let me down.

I wont breh, I wont.  

There's no way Dino Crisis isn't happening.  Believe. :wow2: 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

xbox is so dead, they had the chance to turn it around the entire gen but nothing happened.   sony doesn't need "two development cycle years" to dish out content, lol. xbox is no competition

You say that as Sony is LITERALLY SKIPPING E3 BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ANY NEW CONTENT FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS.  

man i would lose my shit. on the 3rd party side theres not much bigger than can be announced for me.   A new Bioshock would be awesome but i think that's just a matter of time. Return o

Just now, Remij_ said:

I wont breh, I wont.  

There's no way Dino Crisis isn't happening.  Believe. :wow2: 

man i would lose my shit.

on the 3rd party side theres not much bigger than can be announced for me.

A new Bioshock would be awesome but i think that's just a matter of time. Return of Dino Crisis while Capcom is on an absolute peak of quality would be amazing

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Capcom had a killer 12 months. MHW, RE2, DMC5.

They're on fire, also let's be real Dino Crisis is basically RE with Dinos. A sequel or remake makes perfect sense financially.

But it doesn't have the mainstream brand power of those 3 you just mentioned. It would be by far their biggest risk yet. I mean technically it's even a smaller name than Onimusha 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

But it doesn't have the mainstream brand power of those 3 you just mentioned. It would be by far their biggest risk yet. I mean technically it's even a smaller name than Onimusha 

RE with Samurais and demons lmao.

Both are forgotten ancient series, it's not like either IP is relevant. Might as well throw the dice and decide which to revive.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

RE with Samurais and demons lmao.

Both are forgotten ancient series, it's not like either IP is relevant. Might as well throw the dice and decide which to revive.

Other than just deciding whether they revive them (which i think they will to both), the other major decision is which direction do you revive them in.

My preference would be a full on survival horror, slow Dino Crisis, but they very well could try to give it the action twist of RE4-6.

Same with Onimusha, do you do it as more action arcadey, or do you try lean into the Soulsbourne/Nioh style on game. 

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I wouldn't call it a smaller name, it's just a less modern name I'd say. Dino Crisis sold more than any one Onimusha game.  

Dino's are popular.. and a cool gritty realistic looking Dino Crisis remake would do well enough.  They're really stretching what they can get out of this engine and reusing assets and such..  A DC game on this engine isn't going to cost them the bank.. it would most certainly succeed.

Even though it's RE-like... I think they need something to break up the REmakes and RE8.

What I'd really love to see from Capcom is a revival of Breath of Fire :wow2: 

• Upvote 1
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I wouldn't call it a smaller name, it's just a less modern name I'd say. Dino Crisis sold more than any one Onimusha game.  

I meant smaller as in less known. Imo it is anyway, hard to gauge though. I defs feel Onimusha is talked about much more and calls for it's return have been going on for far longer and by far more ppl than Dino Crisis. 

MS going pretty hard out promoting their E3 conference here in Aus. They actually have half day events and sessions to go watch it live at Gold Class cinemas. The big difference here is that the MS conference is a 6am local time. They definitely have some bombs to drop.

Just now, madmaltese said:

MS going pretty hard out promoting their E3 conference here in Aus. They actually have half day events and sessions to go watch it live at Gold Class cinemas. The big difference here is that the MS conference is a 6am local time. They definitely have some bombs to drop.

I think so too.

i was just playing Dino Crisis on DC, the puzzles in that game are brutal. Absolutely punishing if you aren't paying attention to every detail in the game.

The Dinos though... they aren't fun. They're basically impossible to kill, it's no fun fighting them at all. All in all this game doesn't warrant a remake imo, it's an inferior RE across the board.

Lost Planet gets my vote. Mech combat, snowy worlds, and bring back the original main character, wayne. Lp1 owned, but it never got a real follow up.