Final massive prediction thread before E3

I think MS and Nintendo might actually have a huge partnership far bigger than we all would have predicted.

Obviously I wasn't really expecting to hear anything "Switch" related inside MS' conference, but reading various tweets from people around the industry about just how "game changing" this E3 is supposed to be for MS... it's gotta be something regarding a partnership.. and Nintendo is the obvious choice.

At this point.. their hardware targets different markets.  MS could handle the console side, Nintendo could handle the handheld side.  Nintendo is in desperate need of a proper online infrastructure, and MS can give that to them.

Even if MS came out of nowhere and actually fully unveiled the next Xbox and even surprised the fuck out of everyone by releasing THIS year... it still wouldn't be "game changing" for the industry.. like some of these tweets are reading as.

The only thing that makes sense is Nintendo and MS.

Shit would make for an E3 to remember that's for sure.

I think as far as Nintendo and Microsoft is concerned what we've heard so far is about the beginning and end of the road. 

Possibly xCloud at some point down the line, ports of jank mobile shit like "Forza" Street and Live function for shared titles.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I think as far as Nintendo and Microsoft is concerned what we've heard so far is about the beginning and end of the road. 

Possibly xCloud at some point down the line, ports of jank mobile shit like "Forza" Street and Live function for shared titles.

I dunno.  I don't think xCloud on Switch warrants the reactions and sentiments people seem to be sharing.  It seems far deeper than that.

The one tweet with the picture of Phil Spencer happy as fuck and Benji say that he know exactly why he's so happy right now.. among a lot of other shit.. it leads me to believe that they've got a huge partnership lined up.  Something that nobody would have ever guessed would be as deep as it actually is.

xCloud is superficial... ok you can Stream xbox games on Switch.  That's fine.  But not megaton.  Now MS and Nintendo working together on new game projects for both platforms, and Nintendo fully integrating Xbox live into their platform.  With promises of further co-operation in the future.

That would be huge.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I dunno.  I don't think xCloud on Switch warrants the reactions and sentiments people seem to be sharing.  It seems far deeper than that.

The one tweet with the picture of Phil Spencer happy as fuck and Benji say that he know exactly why he's so happy right now.. among a lot of other shit.. it leads me to believe that they've got a huge partnership lined up.  Something that nobody would have ever guessed would be as deep as it actually is.

xCloud is superficial... ok you can Stream xbox games on Switch.  That's fine.  But not megaton.  Now MS and Nintendo working together on new game projects for both platforms, and Nintendo fully integrating Xbox live into their platform.  With promises of further co-operation in the future.

That would be huge.

Y'all need to lay off the Nintendo shit, it's nauseating at this point. You sound like Aza with that Sony shit which Jim Ryan thankfully buried, thank god this will be buried in two days. 

It's a large and prolific Japanese acquisition, that's the bomb, and it's going to skull fuck everyone. 

scalebound-topic-icon.png

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Y'all need to lay off the Nintendo shit, it's nauseating at this point. You sound like Aza with that Sony shit which Jim Ryan thankfully buried, thank god this will be buried in two days. 

It's a large and prolific Japanese acquisition, that's the bomb, and it's going to skull fuck everyone. 

We'll see I guess :lupe: 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Why don't you create an E3 thread.

oh... :tom:

I will after Microsoft's PS4 3rd party sizzle reel for the second year in row releases. :tom: 

I think all 3 are going to be closer than anyone would have thought . 

The game is now ms , ninten and Sony vs the new juggernauts x Google and Amazon and apple 

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I will after Microsoft's PS4 3rd party sizzle reel for the second year in row releases. :tom: 

Lol shenmue and ff7 , fuck off REEF

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

I think all 3 are going to be closer than anyone would have thought . 

The game is now ms , ninten and Sony vs the new juggernauts x Google and Amazon and apple 

Ye possibly.  Shit is crazy.  

If the 'big surprises' is just a studio acquisition then giant meh from me.

I'm hoping for an industry defining partnership or something that really changes next gen. 

Gaming wise it seems most stuff has leaked and while I'm keen to see the trailers and games it doesn't seem like anything is going to be a mind blowing surprise.

Dino Crisis will prob be the biggest thing for me and i can't really think of anything game related that would be jaw dropping surprise. We know Gears 5 and Halo Infinite are there and they are the two biggest things MS has. 

I do fully expect them to wipe the floor with Stadia. Their service is going to be infinitely better.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't know how you think MS acquiring Platinum is going to 'skull fuck' everyone. It's Platinum, they've been making exclusive games for everyone (if you include the cancelled Scalebound) and multiplats and licensed games. They've worked with more publishers than nearly any other dev. Acquiring them would change next to nothing outside of stopping them making Nintendo games in the future, which given MS' recent trends might not even happen. 

Acquiring Platinum would be the biggest yawn announcement ever. 

Nearly any one of Bluepoint, Housemarque, thatgamecompany, Supermassive, let alone the originally speculated FROM would be a far bigger and better acquisition.