Final massive prediction thread before E3

Just now, madmaltese said:

I don't know how you think MS acquiring Platinum is going to 'skull fuck' everyone. It's Platinum, they've been making exclusive games for everyone (if you include the cancelled Scalebound) and multiplats and licensed games. They've worked with more publishers than nearly any other dev. Acquiring them would change next to nothing outside of stopping them making Nintendo games in the future, which given MS' recent trends might not even happen. 

Acquiring Platinum would be the biggest yawn announcement ever. 

Nearly any one of Bluepoint, Housemarque, thatgamecompany, Supermassive, let alone the originally speculated FROM would be a far biggest and better acquisition. 

I don't think it would be a 'Yawn' announcement man lol.. it would be a good get for them.  It would guarantee that their games are on Xbox at least.

FROM would be better obviously though, lol.  

I feel like they've gotta get some Japanese talent regardless.

Just now, Remij_ said:

I don't think it would be a 'Yawn' announcement man lol.. it would be a good get for them.  It would guarantee that their games are on Xbox at least.

FROM would be better obviously though, lol.  

I feel like they've gotta get some Japanese talent regardless.

I'm obvs not as big a Platinum fans as many others but they've always been a developer that works with anyone on anything at any time. Most of their non Ninty games are on Xbox already so all it would do is stop them making the Nintendo games.

Babylon's Fall is on Xbox/Windows, Nier is on Xbox, TMNT on xbox, Transformers on Xbox, MGS R on Xbox, etc etc. Pretty much everything outside the Nintendo games. So meh imo

Do we even know if Microsoft is going to be announcing acquisitions? So far their current acquisitions are mostly subpar outside of Ninja Theory (par) and Playground Games (eagle).

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Do we even know if Microsoft is going to be announcing acquisitions? So far their current acquisitions are mostly subpar outside of Ninja Theory (par) and Playground Games (eagle).

I think they need to integrate the current studios first, Phil said it would takes years.

But I think one would be highly likely. It's not like they buy expensive teams, so why not.