Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Remij_

Oh shit :D... looks like Nvidia's SUPER lineup IS going to be for the entire line of cards

Recommended Posts

https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidias-super-gpus-unleashing-monsters/

 

Quote

Well, well, well, looks like the figurative SUPER-cat is finally out of the bag. I have just received a very long list of leaks from a reliable source in NVIDIA regarding the company’s upcoming SUPER lineup and boy is it good. It looks like NVIDIA is getting ready to unleash all its fury in one sweeping lineup change and is bringing all its cannons to bear. Seems like Jensen is done playing around and wants to send a clear message about AMD’s newly launched Navi GPU.

 

Rumors had stated that only the 2060, 2070 and 2080 were going to get SUPER versions and they were going to be refreshes – let’s just say that’s not even half of the story. Ladies and gents, I can confirm that SUPER series is very much a new lineup in its own right and contains a new flagship: The RTX 2080 Ti SUPER (yes, even the 2080 Ti is getting a SUPER version). Oh and launch date? sooner than you might think, it’s going to be a SUPER summer after all.

Quote

New chip: the NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti SUPER exists and will be an absolute beast of a card
Turns out, there is an RTX 2080 Ti SUPER variant and its a brand new chip. It’s not an old part and it’s not a repurposed Quadro part (trust me, I asked). Oh, and its completely unlocked, meaning the AIBs can have 300 watts TDP on this thing if they wanted to – and knowing the insane custom designs that come out of AIBs, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this. I don’t have the exact specifications of the chip or the exact pricing yet but I am fairly confident this will have a higher core count as well as faster GDDR6 memory.

This is not the PN-A for OC version chip or the non-OC chip, its a completely new chip as I mentioned earlier and will have a new PN. Since it’s unlocked and will have higher TDP as well as higher core count we expect this to be much faster than the existing RTX 2080 Ti card. Everything we know so far points to this slotting in at roughly the same price point as the existing RTX 2080 Ti or slightly above. In other words, you are going to get a card that is much more powerful but for roughly the same price or slightly more. Unfortunately, however, you are going to have to wait a bit for this card as per my info, it will have a delayed launch.

 

It's apparently a brand new chip and not an old part.

 

Essentially all 'SUPER' gpus move their respective gpus up to the next class, for the same price.  So the 2060 super would perform like the 2070, the 2070 super like the 2080, the 2080 super like the 2080ti and the 2080ti super... :vince: 

 

 

Jensen is ready to blast the fuck out of AMD's little Navi launch.. :geese:  I wonder if this is still 12nm, or 7nm EUV??  If it's still 12nm... and they blow the fuck out of AMD's 7nm parts... 7nm EUV on Nvidia next year is going to completely blow them away. :D 

 

:juggle: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not coming for the 2080 Ti. :diplo: Pwned. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lynux3 said:

It's not coming for the 2080 Ti. :diplo: Pwned. :D 

I'll gladly accept it. :D 

 

If it's 25-30% faster, I'll buy one :glad: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I'll gladly accept it. :D 

 

If it's 25-30% faster, I'll buy one :glad: 

Of course you will, you NVIDIOT. :jonb:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i collect empty bottles to pay off my graphic cards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lynux3 said:

Of course you will, you NVIDIOT. :jonb:

Jensen... gimme moar powah :wow2: 

 

AMD is gonna get blown the fuck out :kaz: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij_ said:

Jensen... gimme moar powah :wow2: 

 

AMD is gonna get blown the fuck out :kaz: 

They're already blown the fuck out... better watch out though, that anniversary edition. :wow2:

 

 :drake: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lynux3 said:

They're already blown the fuck out... better watch out though, that anniversary edition. :wow2:

 

 :drake: 

:tom: 

 

 

Look.. I want Lisa's signature just as much as any other reasonable human being, but Lisa.. baby.. you gotta give me more than mid range shit girl. :trump2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need this line to release as quickly as possible, so that nVidia can hopefully start preparing for another graphics card line in Spring 2020. in time for Cyberpunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

If you want more than mid-range buy the Radeon VII, or get the older VEGA 56/64. 

:tom: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

you laugh but those cards have more Compute units than the NAVI cards and they use HBM2 which is faster than GDDR6.

You were talking to me though.  And I specifically said I wanted more than mid-ranged cards.  Radeon VII is a mid ranged gaming card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You were talking to me though.  And I specifically said I wanted more than mid-ranged cards.  Radeon VII is a mid ranged gaming card.

Radeon VII is a High-end card.  It goes toe to toe with RTX 2080, the 80 series is not mid-rang.  60, 70 are mid.  RX 570, 580, 590 are all mids which the 5700 / 5700 XT replaces. 

Edited by The Mother Fucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Radeon VII is a High-end card.  It goes toe to toe with RTX 2080, the 80 series is not mid-rang.  60, 70 are mid. 

Not to me.  It's mid ranged.  2060 is low end, 2070-80 mid ranged, 2080ti is high end, and Titans are Enthusiast.

 

This new 'Super' lineup puts AMD's shit even further down the pole.  They're well over a year behind at this point man. :francis:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij_ said:

Not to me.  It's mid ranged.  2060 is low end, 2070-80 mid ranged, 2080ti is high end, and Titans are Enthusiast.

 

This new 'Super' lineup puts AMD's shit even further down the pole.  They're well over a year behind at this point man. :francis:

But at what metric are you going by?  Is it purely gaming? 

Because outside of that the Radeon VII is still the best GPU for mining, getting the highest hashrates. So VII is high in my books where as the RTX 2080 Ti ridiculously...overpriced.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

But at what metric are you going by?  Is it purely gaming? 

Because outside of that the Radeon VII is still the best GPU for mining, getting the highest hashrates. So VII is high in my books where as the RTX 2080 Ti ridiculously...overpriced.   

Of course gaming... There's a reason why AMD is changing their architecture to be more like Nvidia's.. and separating Vega from RDNA.

 

They are a generation behind, and still have no ray-tracing.  The fact that there's rumors that Sony and Ms are going with 3rd party solutions for their limited RT implementations shows that AMD is long behind.  Just when AMD is about to get their RT solution out into the desktop, Nvidia will have a 2nd generation RT implementation on 7nm EUV.  AMD's 'next gen' hardware which isn't even out yet, is playing catchup.

 

For me to even consider AMD, they gotta do much better than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Of course gaming... There's a reason why AMD is changing their architecture to be more like Nvidia's.. and separating Vega from RDNA.

 

They are a generation behind, and still have no ray-tracing.  The fact that there's rumors that Sony and Ms are going with 3rd party solutions for their limited RT implementations shows that AMD is long behind.  Just when AMD is about to get their RT solution out into the desktop, Nvidia will have a 2nd generation RT implementation on 7nm EUV.  AMD's 'next gen' hardware which isn't even out yet, is playing catchup.

 

For me to even consider AMD, they gotta do much better than that.

But you bought nvidia's highest GPU card. You are not AMD's targeted audience for them to go after. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

But you bought nvidia's highest GPU card. You are not AMD's targeted audience for them to go after. 

That's my point.  They need to target me to get me to care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×