Sega now considers Yakuza a multiplat series

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Switch? Absolutely never if you have seen the dragon engine in action. XBox? I don't know. They might give it a shot and see if one game sells.

But Persona 5 Royal and Sakura Wars are PS4 exclusive. It's impossible to predict what they will do.

People said Witcher 3 wouldn't be possible on Switch too :shrug:

I think good sales on PC convinced them that there is an audience for their games outside of Playstation so there's a high chance now that they want to expand the series to other platforms.

I mean it's only been two months since they last dismissed the idea of Yakuza on Switch, so I'd guess it would be awhile even if they changed their minds. I mean I find it dumb that they cite the failure of Yakuza on Wii U as a reason to avoid the Switch and they should at least test the waters with a 0 port, but whatever. Sega gonna Sega.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I mean it's only been two months since they last dismissed the idea of Yakuza on Switch, so I'd guess it would be awhile even if they changed their minds. I mean I find it dumb that they cite the failure of Yakuza on Wii U as a reason to avoid the Switch and they should at least test the waters with a 0 port, but whatever. Sega gonna Sega.

yeah, i think yakuza 0 would do well on the switch. 

They could release 0 and Kiwami for Switch but I doubt any game running the Yakuza 6 graphics engine would fare well on that hardware.

20 minutes ago, Pureis said:

People said Witcher 3 wouldn't be possible on Switch too :shrug:

I think good sales on PC convinced them that there is an audience for their games outside of Playstation so there's a high chance now that they want to expand the series to other platforms.

witcher 3 still isn't possible on switch lmfao have you seen the pics? :tom: