So the AMD GPU equivalent of next gen are being marketed as 1440p cards on PC

11 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Well that's the realistic resolution of actual next gen games, and if you add RT then even 1440p is unattainable. That's assuming RT is even a realistic feature for next gen.

if RT will be in next gen consoles, it is not going to be ran off dlss and tensor cores like RTX.  That route will mostly drive up the GPU cost too much for console.  

Ray tracing will likely be implemented via CPU.

25 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Well that's the realistic resolution of actual next gen games, and if you add RT then even 1440p is unattainable. That's assuming RT is even a realistic feature for next gen.

These consoles will be beasts.  Literally the last thing I'd be worried about.  You'll see Gran Turismo with ray traced reflections and AO, and people wont believe their eyes.  They'll be fine.

Not to mention.. while RDNA 1.0 doesn't seem to really have any hardware features that GCN doesn't... if the consoles are based on RDNA 2.0, then it's reasonable to expect that they will have Mesh Shaders, support variable rate shading, as well as other fundamental changes to the rendering pipeline which means that they will likely have performance potential not yet being taken advantage of.. much like the Turing architecture.

While I think the 5700 series is a good measure of general size and capability of next gen consoles from a pure theoretical computational standpoint...  I expect them to perform even better still as games are developed specifically around the hardware.