Sign in to follow this  
jehurey

William Barr opened an investigation into the Steele Dossier. DoJ Inspector General grilled Christopher Steele for 2 days. They now want to delay the report because....

"they found Steele credible." :lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2019/07/09/dojs-inspector-general-report-on-russia-delayed-as-steele-found-credible/

DOJ’s Inspector General Report on Russia Delayed as Steele Found Credible

July 9, 2019

Reuters has some interesting new information related to the infamous Steele Dossier. In March 2018, Michael Horowitz, the Inspector General of the Justice Department, launched a probe into whether the FBI improperly used Christopher Steele’s Clinton-financed opposition research to secure a FISA warrant on Carter Page. In Mid-April 2019 when the Mueller Report came out, Attorney General William Barr told Congress that Horowitz’s conclusions would be ready by the end of May or possibly in June. Yet, reporters for Reuters have sources telling them Horowitz’s office used June to interview Christopher Steele in person.

Three attorneys from the Inspector General’s office of the U.S. Department of Justice met in person in early June with dossier author Christopher Steele in Britain, said two sources with direct knowledge of the lawyers’ travels.

The interview with Steele, a former top spy on Russia for Britain’s Secret Intelligence Service, or MI6, took place while Trump was in London for a formal state visit with Queen Elizabeth and a meeting with UK Prime Minister Theresa May.

After those conversations with Steele, the timeline for issuing the I.G. report was pushed back.

One of the two sources said Horowitz’s investigators appear to have found Steele’s information sufficiently credible to have to extend the investigation. Its completion date is now unclear.

If this reporting is correct, it casts a new light on the story Fox News was telling over the Fourth of July weekend.

Key witnesses sought for questioning by Justice Department Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz early in his investigation into alleged government surveillance abuse have come forward at the 11th hour, Fox News has learned.

Sources familiar with the matter said at least one witness outside the Justice Department and FBI started cooperating — a breakthrough that came after Attorney General William Barr ordered U.S. Attorney John Durham to lead a separate investigation into the origins of the bureau’s 2016 Russia case that laid the foundation for Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe.

If the one key witness referred to here is actually Christopher Steele, and Steele was found “sufficiently credible” such that the investigation needed to be extended, that’s not exactly what the president and his supporters were hoping to hear.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/851748/doj-grilled-trump-dossier-author-christopher-steele-two-days-what-reportedly-heard-credible-surprising

The DOJ grilled Trump dossier author Christopher Steele for two days. What they reportedly heard was 'credible' and 'surprising.'

Christopher Steele is back.

The former MI6 agent behind the now-infamous "Steele Dossier" on President Trump's ties to Russia — you know, the one containing the alleged "pee tape" — was the subject of a two-day grilling by the Justice Department's internal watchdog in June, Politico reports. Coincidentally, the interview took place in London while Trump was on his state visit to the British capital.

DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz has been conducting an investigation into the FBI's efforts to surveil former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page based, in part, on information provided by Steele.

The interview reportedly didn't start off well for either side. Horowitz's team wasn't sure about Steele as a credible witness, especially after the dossier was disputed by Trump and other officials. Steele, meanwhile, wasn't keen on speaking with the investigators because he's a foreign national.

But all's well that ends well. Both sides reportedly eased into the interview, and investigators found Steele's testimony credible and "even surprising." That's not good news for Trump allies who have claimed that Steele's dossier was used improperly by the FBI so they could "spy" on Trump's campaign.

:lawl:There goes that talking point. Bigtime.

21 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Impeachment coming any day now, right?

ROFF :lawl: 

LOL more like im-bitch-ment, and it just came into this thread.:tom:

The DoJ just declared Steele credible.:blessed:

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL more like im-bitch-ment, and it just came into this thread.:tom:

The DoJ just declared Steele credible.:blessed:

LMFAO :tom: keep chasing the fantasy. 

One day impeachment will come! :diplo:

2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

LMFAO :tom: keep chasing the fantasy. 

One day impeachment will come! :diplo:

He just hit the eject button.:drake:

4 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

Impeachment coming any day now, right?

ROFF :lawl: 

The Mueller report alone is enough to impeach. 

I love how the bar for Trump has reached to impeachment..... you now longer defend whether he is guilty or not.... you're basically arguing that they won't ever charge him :leo:

20 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The Mueller report alone is enough to impeach. 

I love how the bar for Trump has reached to impeachment..... you now longer defend whether he is guilty or not.... you're basically arguing that they won't ever charge him :leo:

Bare assertions unsupported by any facts.

Clown world, folks. :leo: 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SheepKilla said:

You're literally posting that response in a thread in which the Department of Justice has deemed Steele's dossier as "credible".:tom:

I love how he thinks he can just try to Trump-lie his way through this discussion. It isn't remotely working. LOL

56 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

So you're back to.. Bbbut it's not true :cries:

Edited by Goukosan

20 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Is you're back to.. Bbbut it's not true :cries:

Your IQ must be in the single digits. 

(And no, that's not a compliment). 

11 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Your IQ must be in the single digits. 

(And no, that's not a compliment). 

You're losing your shit now :rofls:

First deny its not true, than rabidly attack poster... rinse repeat...all while dodging the topic at hand 

Sheep Killa got killed again :leo:

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You're losing your shit now :rofls:

First deny its not true, than rabidly attack poster... rinse repeat...all while dodging the topic at hand 

Sheep Killa got killed again :leo:

You're not for debates. 

I reserve them only for the non-special kids, yes? 

Now go get your welfare handout while the grown-ups discuss politics, you parasite :reg: 

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

You're not for debates. 

I reserve them only for the non-special kids, yes? 

Now go get your welfare handout while the grown-ups discuss politics, you parasite :reg: 

right on schedule.... once your get raped you turn into an NPC :npc:.....  deny, attack and dodge...deny, attach and dodge. 

:leo:

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

right on schedule.... once your get raped you turn into an NPC :npc:.....  deny, attack and dodge...deny, attach and dodge. 

another contentless post :D 

How does it feel knowing you're half the man I am, and I'm twice the man you'll ever be? Your mum  thought so as well.  

1 hour ago, SheepKilla said:

another contentless post :D 

How does it feel knowing you're half the man I am, and I'm twice the man you'll ever be? Your mum  thought so as well.  

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

:sass1:

This guy is literally telling us that he "won't debate"......so that means that his posts are just him being absolutely butthurt.

He's actually sticking around for his own ass getting raped.:drake:

12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

This guy is literally telling us that he "won't debate"......so that means that his posts are just him being absolutely butthurt.

He's actually sticking around for his own ass getting raped.:drake:

lol why would I debate with someone that doesn't use reason as their arbitrator? 

Just now, SheepKilla said:

lol why would I debate with someone that doesn't use reason as their arbitrator? 

he actually got pissed enough to respond this time.

I actually use facts and actual newspaper articles. LOL

This guy literally responded back that his news was OLDER than mines, and thought that it was a good comeback.:lawl:

They don't call it The Oldspaper, nimrod.:tom: