Will xbox 2 be the biggest console bomb In history ?

40 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's honestly hard to say.  If Halo Infinite is awesome, the console will sell a shit load at launch.  It's going to be a good piece of hardware for the price regardless... so there's going to be lots of people who will pick one up.

MS really needs Halo to be awesome though.  A good, high scoring Halo game that touches all of the right nostalgic notes will propel the system.  If they have that, and some actual new AAA announcements for E3 next year.. then they could have a good build up to launch.

Whether that will happen though... :ben: 

oh it will.. 

55 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's honestly hard to say.  If Halo Infinite is awesome, the console will sell a shit load at launch.  It's going to be a good piece of hardware for the price regardless... so there's going to be lots of people who will pick one up.

MS really needs Halo to be awesome though.  A good, high scoring Halo game that touches all of the right nostalgic notes will propel the system.  If they have that, and some actual new AAA announcements for E3 next year.. then they could have a good build up to launch.

Whether that will happen though... :ben: 

:mroff:

Listen and listen well.

Halo Infinite wont do shit.

It'll be playable on 4 different consoles and multiplat with PC. I'm betting the PC version will have the largest playerbase on top of it. Halo will do nothing to sell the next Xbox. Nothing. Those who want the game will already own a platform they can play it on.

It'll also be dwarfed in marketing by Sony and Activision joint Black Ops 5 marketing.

Halo is going to get crushed next holiday.

I don't think so. I think it will do well enough in the US at least to have it avoid a Wii U situation. Plus I think it will be a better streaming and service machine than what Stadia will offer so can see ppl choosing Xbox over that. Also it's gonna launch with Halo. That alone will give it a good start at least.

On 2019-07-30 at 6:54 PM, bhytre said:

I figure they'll be happy with just breaking even and don't want Sony to have the only home console next gen :laff:

Microsoft - Set the bar low :laff: