The other day I got 2 fillings done after +25 years of not going to the dentist

So I pretty much didn't go to the dentist after my milk teeth fell out, simply because I never needed to. But I did develop some issues with my wisdom teeth recently which I mentioned in that legendary poster's thread.

First visit to the dentist he said I should get my wisdom teeth removed, had an X-ray taken and some plaque removed, it's wan't even that much.

Then a few days ago I had 2 fillings done, quite small as well. And that was pretty much it, my other teeth are perfectly fine, so I really lucked out with this. Also drank a ton of sugary drinks and ate a lot of candy growing up so I dunno how they survived all that but I can't complain :face:

Got an appointment in September for those wisdom teef, one is burried and sitting completely horizontally but not causing any issues:dame: 

How are your teeth holding up?:will2:

im weird. 3 widsom teeth total and 1 baby tooth along the bottom that never came out (but will one day, just hope its when im old and I don't need to worry about it worsening my already dismal luck with women lol).

Edited by Twinblade
8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Mine are good, only had a few fillings. One of my molars has a crack in it that I need to get fixed but beyond that they're fine. 

I was surprised how technology evolved. As a kid I had a ton of tooth decay and those fillings with mercury took ages to set in. They also left a disgusting taste with some food items and fell out on the regular.

Here I was done in an hour on both composite fillings, can barely notice where it was done

:dame: 

Edited by bhytre

Had to remove one wisdom tooth about 10 years ago. And since then, just some filling and a bridge. But the only thing I need now is a crown for one of my back teeth because its too big for a filling. So that sometimes exposes a nerve that food or liquid can bother a bit.

I was hoping to get a second opinion with another dentist, because a crown requires hollowing out the middle of the tooth and then filling it.

On 2019-08-05 at 5:54 PM, jehurey said:

Had to remove one wisdom tooth about 10 years ago. And since then, just some filling and a bridge. But the only thing I need now is a crown for one of my back teeth because its too big for a filling. So that sometimes exposes a nerve that food or liquid can bother a bit.

I was hoping to get a second opinion with another dentist, because a crown requires hollowing out the middle of the tooth and then filling it.

Only one 1 removed as well, been fine so far. Kinda feel dumb for not getting them all out at once, hope it doesn’t come back to bite me 

2 hours ago, ghostz said:

Bro imagine trying to get a girl to kiss you after saying u haven’t went to the dentist for 25 years. 🤮

you must be a real gigolo bro :tom: who the fucks talks about their teeth unless you have mr. tom teeth. this is such a jehurey thing :tom: 

Edited by kaz
  • Haha 1

I had braces as a kid to correct my alignment (11-14), and during that procedure they actually pulled my rearmost molars out to allow my wisdom teeth to grow in.

please no :scared:  i remember when i got a level up on my braces from the ones you can take out to the permanent ones. my older siblings said it's no big deal (like always, dumb shits). 

the pain on the first day drove me crazy 

18 minutes ago, kaz said:

please no :scared:  i remember when i got a level up on my braces from the ones you can take out to the permanent ones. my older siblings said it's no big deal (like always, dumb shits). 

the pain on the first day drove me crazy 

:D Yeah the pain was unbearable especially since that for the first two years wearing them they were adjusting them weekly, if not then every 10 days; so the first 3-4 days the pain would be so severe I would have trouble focusing in class. Then it would gradually dissipate or I got used to us, until they readjusted the wire and tightened it yet again.

15 hours ago, flazeda_warrior said:

I have more than 50% of my teeth left which is clearly glass more than half full so :trump2:

depends on your age. if you are 80+ the glass is half full  but in your 30's i'd say someone crushed that glass with a hammer like someone did with your teeth.