Today is the fucking day boys

We're going the fuck home. Can't lie, I was trying to pretend I wouldn't bite on this for the last month or so but I absolutely am. Top 3 game of all time for me. Seems like everyone is coming back. The servers are all overpopulated and that doesn't even include all the people yet to sub. I've been getting texts all weekend from people I haven't talked to in years asking if I'm coming back.

Kinda wish I had taken some time off work but I'm not trying to be in the thick of things anyhow. Plan is to just casually level up and enjoy it, kinda like how I played Vanilla in the first place (not necessarily the casual part, but the not rushing to hit 60 part). That's probably the beauty of Vanilla, even though there's way more things to do and less QoL, it's the best version of the game from a casual perspective (as well as every other perspective). Doing Rogue again of course, probably horde instead of alliance though. 

6 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Hehehe ya I don't think I can ever go back to this game. I remember we played together for a bit a long long time ago. 

what better thing you got to do with your time cooke?

i'm happy with ff14. the good thing about classic was the difficulty overall but it can also get tedious and people forget about that.

but I've seen it all so i'm not going to replay it and waste my time waiting for the last 3 people for 40 man raids. 

28 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Have two groups of people I want to play with on two different servers and the group that didn't play classic is like, "Just level a character on both servers." Sweet summer children. :ben:

lmao. yep i got a couple people that never played back in the day. i didn't have time for two characters back then, certainly don't now.

it sucks cause i would like to play with everyone but it's just not in the cards. gonna go with the group i actually played Vanilla with back in the day.

Noticed that Blizzard set up some forums for you to find people you used to play with, went on the Bleeding Hollow Alliance thread and it was a trip of nostalgia. 

1 hour ago, kaz said:

i'm happy with ff14. the good thing about classic was the difficulty overall but it can also get tedious and people forget about that.

but I've seen it all so i'm not going to replay it and waste my time waiting for the last 3 people for 40 man raids. 

eh i don't think it's going to be hard this time around. it was hard because it was a lot of peoples first mmo.

the best thing about classic is that it truly feels like an mmo. there's a sense of and importance to the community. 

Edited by Casual
1 hour ago, Casual said:

eh i don't think it's going to be hard this time around. it was hard because it was a lot of peoples first mmo.

the best thing about classic is that it truly feels like an mmo. there's a sense of and importance to the community. 

of course most people will have a better understanding about how the game works but it will still be hard and that's a huge plus.

probably the only thing tempting for me because other mmos right now are way too ez until you get to endgame content. 

and yea of course, classic was the best for a reason. it was rough, fresh and had a lot cool stuff like the hunter class quest were you get the staff and bow. man killing these 4 boss monster owned.

kiting the one in winterspring down a hill took me ages and the one in un goro crater killed me a few times. I remember some hunter made a service for the noobs. 

idk I understand the hype and id love to play it all again but the time factor is just too heavy. if it stays classic forever i will replay it later. 

enjoy tho. rogues have a rough time in PvE later. :romantears:

41 minutes ago, kaz said:

of course most people will have a better understanding about how the game works but it will still be hard and that's a huge plus.

probably the only thing tempting for me because other mmos right now are way too ez until you get to endgame content. 

and yea of course, classic was the best for a reason. it was rough, fresh and had a lot cool stuff like the hunter class quest were you get the staff and bow. man killing these 4 boss monster owned.

kiting the one in winterspring down a hill took me ages and the one in un goro crater killed me a few times. I remember some hunter made a service for the noobs. 

idk I understand the hype and id love to play it all again but the time factor is just too heavy. if it stays classic forever i will replay it later. 

enjoy tho. rogues have a rough time in PvE later. :romantears:

Yeah the time factor is definitely something that made me think twice, but honestly classic is probably the best version from a casual persepctive too. I feel like there's more meaningful content for a casual player than any of the xpacs had. It's the only version where the leveling content is a significant part of the game.

Tbh I doubt I get far into the PvE anyway. I did the progression guild thing all through Vanilla and have seen everything up to Four Horseman anyhow (as a Rogue). I just can't schedule my life around raids these days unfortunately. Luckily, MC/BWL/Ony will all be super easy and provide more than enough good gear for a PvP rogue (5 piece nightslayer, 3 piece bloodfang + Perditions Blade + Core Hound Tooth). 

After D2 LoD I swore off any game similar - I know Diablo isn't WoW, in fact upon consideration it's much less of a time sink; but I'm happy with the decision I made. But cool to see they remastered this game for the fans.

Wasn't Warcraft 3 supposed to drop around or at the same time as well?

2 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

After D2 LoD I swore off any game similar - I know Diablo isn't WoW, in fact upon consideration it's much less of a time sink; but I'm happy with the decision I made. But cool to see they remastered this game for the fans.

Wasn't Warcraft 3 supposed to drop around or at the same time as well?

Yeah WoW was the natural progression from D2 to me. You made the right decision, I thought I was addicted to D2 but it was not anywhere near the time/life sink that WoW became. 

I think W3 is 2019 but no specific date. I can see them delaying it if the WoW launch is successful as it looks like it will be. 

3 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Never got into this so I'm clueless. They're bringing back the original, right? 

Yep, pretty much. No real notable changes and they're going to be releasing the content in a similar order to when it originally debuted. 

Obviously less bugs and all that as they'll be basic it off of one of the later patches. 

Just now, Casual said:

Yep, pretty much. No real notable changes and they're going to be releasing the content in a similar order to when it originally debuted. 

Obviously less bugs and all that as they'll be basic it off of one of the later patches. 

Then that's a great idea by them. 

They've fucked up catastrophically on virtually every game in the past number of years. It happened when they started hiring only female devs. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

Then that's a great idea by them. 

They've fucked up catastrophically on virtually every game in the past number of years. It happened when they started hiring only female devs. 

on a serious note: their games got gradually more polished over the years and now they are nearly bugless and super optimised but they ended up casualizing and dumbing down every game they have. 

Including star craft 2 :mj:    its a shame, im about to cry