Stormland - Oculus Rift/S from Insomniac Games looks incredible

The game is really shaping up to be something special.  It's coming out this Holiday. :glad: 

Also, on the note of Insomniac Games, Jason Rubin from Oculus (co-creator of Naughty Dog) said that he's happy for Insomniac and is telling fans not to worry about Oculus upcoming slate of games.  He says they have big announcements coming up.  We already know Respawn's AAA VR game is being revealed next month.. and Oculus Connect 6 is on Sept 26.. so the new games are expected to be announced there.

Anyway, what's interesting is that Jason Rubin also said he "would love to trade VR games with PSVR".  Now obviously Insomniac will make VR exclusive games for Sony after the release of Stormland.. but maybe there's a chance of the two companies coming together on some projects for the betterment of the VR industry.  VR games being locked to a single headset or platform is the worst thing for expanding the userbase at the moment.  Perhaps there's room there to do business in the future.  If you remember, Shawn Layden just finished speaking about how some games of theirs could see their way onto different platforms.  Maybe more than simply PC he could be referring to VR games as well... and Oculus games could appear on PS5/PSVR2?

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-games-on-psvr/

That would honestly be best for both sides.  The kinds of games they need to make to truly sell units are more risky and expensive.. having both PSVR's user base and Oculus' userbase as well as the ability to cross-play between them.. would be huge.

By far the most impressive VR game coming out and no doubt a reason Sony wanted Insomniac. There aren't many studios that pump out games with with variety and consistency on Insomniac, just look at their releases over the past decade and their production rate in unparalleled for a studio their size. 

I agree and hope that Sony does decide to go the multiplat route with VR games moving forward. THe market is far too small to segregate and 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

By far the most impressive VR game coming out and no doubt a reason Sony wanted Insomniac. There aren't many studios that pump out games with with variety and consistency on Insomniac, just look at their releases over the past decade and their production rate in unparalleled for a studio their size. 

I agree and hope that Sony does decide to go the multiplat route with VR games moving forward. THe market is far too small to segregate and 

Yea.  People instantly think about Insomniac's IPs and things like their work on Spider-man, but I bet you Sony was thinking just as much about their VR lineup.  Insomniac has done good work in VR and it's quite apparent they are finding their groove there as well.  Insomniac was an incredible grab for Sony because as you said, they pump out a lot of games with variety and consistency.  They're a very well rounded team.  Shooters, platformers, action, open-world.. and VR.  They're talented for sure.

And yea, it would be for the best honestly.  Lone Echo would do great on PSVR.. as well as other Oculus games.  They need to form some partnerships for the betterment of the medium.  Hopefully it happens.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea.  People instantly think about Insomniac's IPs and things like their work on Spider-man, but I bet you Sony was thinking just as much about their VR lineup.  Insomniac has done good work in VR and it's quite apparent they are finding their groove there as well.  Insomniac was an incredible grab for Sony because as you said, they pump out a lot of games with variety and consistency.  They're a very well rounded team.  Shooters, platformers, action, open-world.. and VR.  They're talented for sure.

And yea, it would be for the best honestly.  Lone Echo would do great on PSVR.. as well as other Oculus games.  They need to form some partnerships for the betterment of the medium.  Hopefully it happens.

They are a studio that can easily work on Spiderman 2, Ratchet and Clank, a VR game and a smaller indie-esquw title (like Song of the Deep) all at the same time and have a release every year if not multiple. Add the fact that they now develop Sony's biggest exclusive + one of their longest running franchises (R&C), plus are the largest studio that has significant experience and released multiple VR games and they really are the most perfect fit to enter the Sony first party teams, now more than ever. 

Yeah, VR is in a place right now where success for any of the hardware or software is success for everyone in the space. They need a game to be a giant hit, to be a true system seller regardless of what that system is. They just need to get the technology into ppl's hands, especially now it is becoming wireless.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

It's absolutely hilarious how polar opposite on an identical issue you can be based on the company :D

It's opposite because the historical ethos of the company is different, this is something they would do, they're scummy like that. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

It's opposite because the historical ethos of the company is different, this is something they would do, they're scummy like that. 

Contracts have zero shits given about historical ethos of a company. Sony buying Insomniac can't void or change anything regarding Stormland without gigantic legal (and as such financial) implications which would have zero positive impact on Sony. 

You've spent months arguing with sheep how MS can't make previous deals with previous publishers on already developed or in development games obsolete (which is right). Yet when that exact scenario comes up with Insomniac and Sony you instantly start dancing to a different tune lol Then you wonder why none of use takes you serious when you constantly pretend you aren't little fangirl. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Contracts have zero shits given about historical ethos of a company. Sony buying Insomniac can't void or change anything regarding Stormland without gigantic legal (and as such financial) implications which would have zero positive impact on Sony. 

You've spent months arguing with sheep how MS can't make previous deals with previous publishers on already developed or in development games obsolete (which is right). Yet when that exact scenario comes up with Insomniac and Sony you instantly start dancing to a different tune lol Then you wonder why none of use takes you serious when you constantly pretend you aren't little fangirl. 

I didn't even look into it, it's just a shit post and it is something they would do in the event they could.

Calm your tits. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I didn't even look into it, it's just a shit post and it is something they would do in the event they could.

Calm your tits. 

Tits always calms when trolling your ass ;) But gotta keep the war alive somehow. It's a dying flame at this stage :(

2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Sony has a huge win if they can expand the VR team for PS5. Sony and Insomniac are like a match made in heaven.

I really hate to say it for probably the 80th peripheral but Sony pretty much abandoned PSVR like they have everything else. It's at like Vita levels of support and game releases, there's literally thousands of games they could certify and have ported to their platform, developers willing to do it but they over-curate their library. 

It's been 2 years since I've gotten mine and legit there's only been about 30 games added since then, and their catalog of 280 odd titles; 1/3 of them are not even games, they're demos and 'experiences'. 

34 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I really hate to say it for probably the 80th peripheral but Sony pretty much abandoned PSVR like they have everything else. It's at like Vita levels of support and game releases, there's literally thousands of games they could certify and have ported to their platform, developers willing to do it but they over-curate their library. 

It's been 2 years since I've gotten mine and legit there's only been about 30 games added since then, and their catalog of 280 odd titles; 1/3 of them are not even games, they're demos and 'experiences'. 

They just opened 3 new VR studios for next gen...

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

lol