Damn, I used to think ResetEra had a somewhat above average taste in media, but reading this thread...

25 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Wire sucked.  

dude stop, nobody hates the wire :tom: 

ayooo b

Edited by kaz
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THEY'RE FUCKING WRONG AND SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT IT.

i hate shows that don't know what the term "pacing" is.  

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

It's shallow trash masquerading as 'deep'. Sorry. Turned it off permanently after Season 1. 

i remember your complete fail thread complaining about it. finding the way the negros talk annoying and shit. ayooo b ayyoo. 

season 1 and 2 are introduction. you should give it another chance and see for yourself how shallow it is :tom: 

9 minutes ago, kaz said:

i remember your complete fail thread complaining about it. finding the way the negros talk annoying and shit. ayooo b ayyoo. 

season 1 and 2 are introduction. you should give it another chance and see for yourself how shallow it is :tom: 

Right, and that wasn't even close to my main criticism. Here it was: 

On 2018-01-18 at 10:12 PM, SheepKilla said:

Nice to see all the good posters echoing my thoughts, as always - thank you all, fellas. B) SW is truly back.

Time for a realpost to share some of my thoughts: 

Everything in the show feels wooden and undeveloped. The reason is because there's too many things going on at once. You have 20 characters in the first season. It feels like half the things that happen are just there to take up time. There's no real sense of progress or development. I stopped watching after the end of the first season because it felt like, "wow, all that just happened for almost nothing. What a waste of time." 

There's a bunch of awful stereotypes. Like for example, detectives constantly offering to buy each other "a cup of coffee and donuts" is cringe-worthy, not realistic.   

Also the dialogue is pretty juvenile half the time. 

That's just the tip of the iceberg. It's hard to articulate why it's a wreck but that's a start. Wooden characters, stereotypes, horrible development, and too many things goign on.

Fuck this joke of a "show" and everyone that thought it was any good. 

4 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Right, and that wasn't even close to my main criticism. Here it was: 

Fuck this joke of a "show" and everyone that thought it was any good. 

you just hate ******s :tom:  

Just now, Cookester15 said:

Educate them 

Look, I don't support a leftist platform for things like education and reasonable reactions to minor slights. Either ban them and kill their families or I'll find a dictator who can.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, kaz said:

sheepkilla is mad that he doesnt have the attention span to sit through more than one season

"just invest 20 hours and it'll start getting good." 

nah. 

Also: 

Only a five-year old thinks that detectives buy each other a cup of coffee and donuts every five seconds. A five year-old wrote this show and you think it's good. 

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

"just invest 20 hours and it'll start getting good." 

nah. 

Also: 

Only a five-year old thinks that detectives buy each other a cup of coffee and donuts every five seconds. A five year-old wrote this show and you think it's good. 

its not real because they buy each other food and drink

lmao.

"nothing happens to any of the characters"

"i turned it off after 1 season".

The Wire is literally one of the only shows where the vast majority of characters had their storylines completely tied up by the end in ways that make complete sense. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Casual said:

lmao.

"nothing happens to any of the characters"

"i turned it off after 1 season".

The Wire is literally one of the only shows where the vast majority of characters had their storylines completely tied up by the end in ways that make complete sense. 

The very best shows that I have watched (to name a few off the top of my head, Twin Peaks, X-Files, Breaking Bad, Six Feet Under, etc.) don't require you to watch over a season to begin to "like" it. Imagine telling someone to watch 20+ hours of Twin Peaks to begin to like it. No, the show is addicting from the very first few episodes. Furthermore, I heard a lot of people say that if I didn't like it in the first Season at all, then I should just turn it off because the rest won't be interesting to me. I took that as a logical claim and turned it off permanently after. The show could come together perfectly in the last season, and I wouldn't care because it doesn't grab me.

In fact, the clip you just linked perfectly demonstrates why I hate the show. 

My opinion of that clip is that it's somewhat interesting and funny. But overall, it's just a normal, dull little clip. Watchable and slightly interesting, but ultimately not remarkable at all. 

Meanwhile, I'm sure you believe it's some kind of "genius of storytelling" that she gives him $800 and walks out. 

4 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

The very best shows that I have watched (to name a few off the top of my head, Twin Peaks, X-Files, Breaking Bad, Six Feet Under, etc.) don't require you to watch over a season to begin to "like" it. Imagine telling someone to watch 20+ hours of Twin Peaks to begin to like it. No, the show is addicting from the very first few episodes. Furthermore, I heard a lot of people say that if I didn't like it in the first Season at all, then I should just turn it off because the rest won't be interesting to me. I took that as a logical claim and turned it off permanently after. The show could come together perfectly in the last season, and I wouldn't care because it doesn't grab me.

My opinion of that clip is that it's somewhat interesting and funny. But overall, it's just a normal, dull little clip. Watchable and slightly interesting, but ultimately not remarkable at all. 

Meanwhile, I'm sure you believe it's some kind of "genius of storytelling" that she gives him $800 and walks out. 

"she". its just a clip. it obviously doesnt show how and why the storytelling is so good. 

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

i unno.

i found wire addicting from the first episode. i binged the entire thing in less than a month.

but im not a pathetic racist loser like you so mileage may vary :reg:

Just now, Casual said:

i unno.

i found wire addicting from the first episode. i binged the entire thing in less than a month.

but im not a pathetic racist loser like you so mileage may vary :reg:

he pulls the fucking RACE CARD in response to me hating the Wire

LMFAO MY SIDES omg

3b4dc2ae6d0d04f6e1e3adf691941ee6.png