Damn, I used to think ResetEra had a somewhat above average taste in media, but reading this thread...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THEY'RE FUCKING WRONG AND SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT IT.

i hate shows that don't know what the term "pacing" is.  

The Wire really requires you to be in the right mood to start. I had to force myself through the first 5+ episodes on the first watch.

The show isn’t about what happens in every individual episode but the sum of stories that make up a city

My favourite show of all time by the end

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Voidler said:

The Wire really requires you to be in the right mood to start. I had to force myself through the first 5+ episodes on the first watch.

The show isn’t about what happens in every individual episode but the sum of stories that make up a city

My favourite show of all time by the end

That was one problem I had and I notice with a lot of people have in season 1. Just getting over that first hurdle and sticking with it. Someone once told me it's really hard to recommend the show to anyone because how much it takes its time. But it doesent so it just to waste time, it all builds up to something. You just gotta have the attention span.

i liked the show all the way till season 4. After season 4 it became legit GOAT

yes it takes some time thats why i always say season 1 and 2 are introductions. BUT the thing is season 2 is so much different from season 1 with the docks setting and new characters.

i think its true all the characters can get overwhelming but the show is so realistic that i cared about everyone. the season 2 characters are amazing, it feels like a little subplot but it is woven so thoughtfully into the main story. 

i also dont understand sheepkilla saying he doesnt like the pacing. its kinda slow paced tbh but every episode has something going on.

i think about rewatching it again after im done with peaky blinders. love jimmy mcnulty and bunk