Sign in to follow this  
Goukosan

Did Tulsi or Kamla make it?

17 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

98% of latinos do not like this term 

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/01/98-percent-of-latinos-dont-want-to-be-called-latinx/

Literally ANYTHING but Latinx. 

Not being their preferred term != not liking a term, but if 98% of people prefer something else I have no idea why you'd go with it.

Also, the poll comes from elsewhere so I'm not knocking that, but The Federalist? :ben:

24 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Not being their preferred term != not liking a term, but if 98% of people prefer something else I have no idea why you'd go with it.

Also, the poll comes from elsewhere so I'm not knocking that, but The Federalist? :ben:

Was the first link that came up. I was in a rush! Lol

21 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Joy should be embarrassed. Fucking disgusting woman and a shill for the corporate warmonger neolibs.

Lmao joy made Meghan McCain look good :mj:

Thanks for sharing this, I did not see it.  

Joy Beyhar is a moron. 

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

98% of latinos do not like this term 

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/01/98-percent-of-latinos-dont-want-to-be-called-latinx/

Literally ANYTHING but Latinx. 

It says they'd rather identify with "Hispanic" or "Latino"

Does it say that they actively HATE the term Latinx?

It seems like a term that would, at worse, leave a Hispanic curious or confused.

It seems really doubtful they'd actually have a negative reaction to this. Seems like you WISH it were a huge mistakeby Warren, but there's nothing to indicate that its hurting her.

The Latinx thing is dumb considering the entire language is gendered, but I hadn't heard of it being divisive in that community. 

Hot Sauce arrived to the same conclusion I did.

And considering you're not hispanic, and I am......and you not even American, and I live in the middle of the one of the biggest parts of the country with a hispanic population........I don't think your opinions carry much weight on this one.

56 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

And The Federalist is basing this off of a poll by some group that posted their conclusion on...............wait for it..............Medium.com

:reg:

17 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It says they'd rather identify with "Hispanic" or "Latino"

Does it say that they actively HATE the term Latinx?

It seems like a term that would, at worse, leave a Hispanic curious or confused.

It seems really doubtful they'd actually have a negative reaction to this. Seems like you WISH it were a huge mistakeby Warren, but there's nothing to indicate that its hurting her.

Hot Sauce arrived to the same conclusion I did.

And considering you're not hispanic, and I am......and you not even American, and I live in the middle of the one of the biggest parts of the country with a hispanic population........I don't think your opinions carry much weight on this one.

Should I be calling you Latinx? Does it feel good to be called a word some white professor came up with? 

Just now, Cookester15 said:

Should I be calling you Latinx? Does it feel good to be called a word some white professor came up with? 

It doesn't feel like anything at all.

It kind of reminds me of Jessica Alba in that short-lived Fox tv series, Dark Angel.

I............I think I'm going to enjoy seeing you pretend to be passionate about this, when it reality we both know that you're putting on an act (that isn't working, which is what I am enjoying).

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

It doesn't feel like anything at all.

It kind of reminds me of Jessica Alba in that short-lived Fox tv series, Dark Angel.

I............I think I'm going to enjoy seeing you pretend to be passionate about this, when it reality we both know that you're putting on an act (that isn't working, which is what I am enjoying).

No sorry Latinx, I'm not acting. I'm simply pointing out another flaw in Warren. She has the lowest minority support of the 3 major candidates, and this kind of pandering is not going to help her position if she becomes the nominee. I want Trumptard gone. But in order for that to happen there needs to be a candidate that can attract support from more than just socially liberal white middle aged people. She doesn't come off as authentic in any way. 

Go ahead and try to make it about me like you usually do. Doesn't change facts. 

17 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

No sorry Latinx, I'm not acting. I'm simply pointing out another flaw in Warren. She has the lowest minority support of the 3 major candidates, and this kind of pandering is not going to help her position if she becomes the nominee. I want Trumptard gone. But in order for that to happen there needs to be a candidate that can attract support from more than just socially liberal white middle aged people. She doesn't come off as authentic in any way. 

Go ahead and try to make it about me like you usually do. Doesn't change facts. 

There's nothing in the polling to indicate that it has become a "flaw"

I don't think you understand.........I want you to continue to act like this is a big deal to you.  Its pleasant.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

There's nothing in the polling to indicate that it has become a "flaw"

I don't think you understand.........I want you to continue to act like this is a big deal to you.  Its pleasant.

She doesn't have LATINX votes to even lose, so of course it's not going to affect her unfavourability vs Trump. 

3 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

She doesn't have LATINX votes to even lose, so of course it's not going to affect her unfavourability vs Trump. 

So you just undermined your entire point. Eh.....ok44NeYih.png

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

You are obtuse :mj:

Because Latinos are going to vote for Trump over her?

Being obtuse is still better than being straight-up comically wrong. LOL

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

Because Latinos are going to vote for Trump over her?

Being obtuse is still better than being straight-up comically wrong. LOL

They will just stay home 

5 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

They will just stay home 

You have any proof of that?

Notice how you just keep having to make MORE claims to try and support your PREVIOUS claims?

And all I have to do is ask you for actual proof, and you'll just keep digging your hole more.

It really is that easy, for me.

3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

But the rigged polls. :grimaceright:

Didn't say they were rigged :npc:

I said there was no transparency in why the particular polls were chosen. 

I would laugh at anyone that calls me a Latinx :mj: 

On 2019-08-29 at 4:03 PM, Cookester15 said:

You don't think theres any bad blood and they are working against her?

Only 1 DNC "approved" poll was released between the last debate and the deadline yesterday.. nope, not fishy at all. 15 other polls were released and they all had tulsi above the threshold. Business as usual i guess.