Control is a marketing disaster, but....

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Wow look at Quantum Break, this is totally how it looks. What the fuck are angles and FoV, those don't matter at all. My name is Remij.

1BCFBA1D9493442D61DFCCE93BABCE522D4F2ADE

C4F494DD654512C65432EA34A8EEAE5657B86716

?imw=2048&imh=784&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

?imw=1972&imh=2048&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

That.... IS how the game looks. :cosby2: 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think control is amazing. you guys hate on this game, they say this game sucks. this game is better than you and your entire life.   rempee and dildo are gay they argue but in the end they

I ran into a projector that was playing a video and knocked it over. It was facing a box on the floor and it actually continued projecting the video in a tiny square on the box...that’s one of the coo

Sub 80's metacritic trash and these clunksole casuals are calling it their GOTY. this has been a terrible year for both PS4 and xflop and you can tell the fans of those shitboxes are starving for a hit. :D 

Cuntroll has flopped in both retail and scores. Another feminist flop for you gay ass clunksole losers. LMAO!

giphy.thumb.gif.a958f49daa1203d70de35693

Edited by Bodycount N

I love that he's been whittled down to arguing something so stupid.

And he can't even win that argument. :drake:

He's basically just admitted that Control DOES look better, he's not even saying that those "doctored angles" from Quantum Break look better than Control (because they don't).

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Pausing the frame and moving the camera around doesn't change the graphics fuckhead.

There's a massive delineation in the presentation which makes them the basic equivalent of bullshots, but if you want to go this route Control still does not stand a chance. Quantum Break is a finely hand crafted game where they had the time for all this shit and budget for the variation in environments, assets and their quality. Control is just not that game, they were not afforded the time, money or resources to go to these lengths, it looks great but not this great. 

?imw=2048&imh=857&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

3BCFF2027A12F84075EB320A75232A7A9B3952F0

?imw=2048&imh=903&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

?imw=2048&imh=598&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

?imw=2048&imh=622&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

?imw=2048&imh=635&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

?imw=2048&imh=716&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

?imw=2048&imh=770&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

?imw=2048&imh=858&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I ran into a projector that was playing a video and knocked it over. It was facing a box on the floor and it actually continued projecting the video in a tiny square on the box...that’s one of the coolest little details i’ve seen in a game recently.

With your launch ability you can pick the projectors up and just carry them around playing whatever the video is on anything. 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Looks like i was wrong

Hide contents

How much do i have left after the first credits screen? I really just want to finish it at this point

You got tricked son :aitch:

Sam Lake :bow:

edit: Maybe 30-45 minutes or so. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I thought it was a really cool game but i tapered off of it after 25 hours and never went back. Its janky but its definitely rewarding if you have the patience.

I played a couple hours of it and I haven't even had a combat encounter , outside of the lame fist fight .

It's kinda holding my interest because it's more realistic than most other wrpgs .

It is janky , but runs pretty good at high settings on my pc .

It started off pretty dark . Was just wondering if it's worth sinking some time into.

14 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I played a couple hours of it and I haven't even had a combat encounter , outside of the lame fist fight .

It's kinda holding my interest because it's more realistic than most other wrpgs .

It is janky , but runs pretty good at high settings on my pc .

It started off pretty dark . Was just wondering if it's worth sinking some time into.

Yeah, the story can move at a slower pace compared to your typical RPG, but its still really interesting. Its just pure politics and covers themes from that era, so the realism was one aspect that was appealing to me.

It seems to get real epic later on as well...not really a spoiler but i stopped playing the game right before a massive battle between the 2 main factions was going to break out.

That said, just be ready to die a lot....so definitely save as much as you can. And do some of the side quests because you'll want that extra XP and gold.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Thanks 1

About 35-40 minutes into this week's bombcast, Gerstmannmakes it very clear what he thinks about the game. He likes the game alot, he boils it down to saying that "the developers took a good hard look at Quantum Break and thought to themselves about how to improve on every single aspect of that game, and they did exactly that."

He even likes the opening of the game, because its very mysterious and loves searching through computers and emails to find out clues to what has happened, they said it felt very X-files in tone. He thinks the opening of the game is the perfect way to start it.

He also says that he ALMOST feels justified in buying a new RTX 2080 card because of this game, that he tried it with Metro and with the new Wolfenstein DLC but he didn't notice anything, and it wasn't until he played Control that he saw what it could do.

Edited by jehurey
5 hours ago, jehurey said:

About 35-40 minutes into this week's bombcast, Gerstmannmakes it very clear what he thinks about the game. He likes the game alot, he boils it down to saying that "the developers took a good hard look at Quantum Break and thought to themselves about how to improve on every single aspect of that game, and they did exactly that."

He even likes the opening of the game, because its very mysterious and loves searching through computers and emails to find out clues to what has happened, they said it felt very X-files in tone. He thinks the opening of the game is the perfect way to start it.

He also says that he ALMOST feels justified in buying a new RTX 2080 card because of this game, that he tried it with Metro and with the new Wolfenstein DLC but he didn't notice anything, and it wasn't until he played Control that he saw what it could do.

It's amazing.  Technically stunning.  Fun to play.  Interesting.  and it's weird.

:blessed: