Uh oh , looks like Sony is in trouble

As the perceived power struggle between Ryan and Layden comes to a head, it’s starting to affect the upcoming next-gen transition. An employee at a major third-party publisher with direct knowledge of the situation has told GameDaily the confusion resulting from the global reorganization has made the switch, already difficult as is, even more concerning.

Speaking under the condition of anonymity, GameDaily's source relayed what their company is facing.

"This is the least amount of clarity we've ever had on a new console this close to transition,” the source said. “I believe that the [global restructuring] is exponentially exacerbating the already difficult process of transitioning to a new generation. And now we’re getting nervous. Read: very nervous."

The third-party nervousness around the PS5's imminent launch isn't directly attributable to either leader, but there has been a fair amount of internal secrecy so that data and information isn't leaked before launch. Internal teams are slow to receive word about the new console, which means that third-party developers and publishers are being kept in the dark far more than in past cycles.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

With MS essentially being a 3rd party dev they have nothing to worry about, PS5 will be yet another 100m+ selling console. There's really no other alternative, they have a monopoly on the traditional home clunksole market.

basically this. 

2 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

all i heard for 5 years, is ps4 was only successful because ms fucked up.

but when one of sonys suits leave, all i hear are uh ohs and concerns about how they they were the masterminds all along.

PS4 is more successful than they would have been if MS hadn't fucked up.

That's not the same as saying PS4 is ONLY successful because MS fucked up....

6 minutes ago, -GD- said:

basically this. 

While I don't think anything about this in particular is going to drastically change the upcoming console generation... people need to stop saying stupid shit like that.  Sony has nothing to worry about MY ASS.  They can fuck up just like anyone else.. and there's going to be more uncertainty in the coming gen than there ever was this previous gen.  Google, Amazon, Apple all putting their hands in the pot.  It might be streaming shit now, and arcade shit... but then maybe they announce a console... and big budget games... and start poaching talent away like crazy...

PS2 Sony had nothing to worry about... and then MS came and took them for a ride...

Sony's in a good spot.. but we've seen what happens when companies get arrogant and think that they can do some shit because of their popularity.

Just now, Remij_ said:

While I don't think anything about this in particular is going to drastically change the upcoming console generation... people need to stop saying stupid shit like that.  Sony has nothing to worry about MY ASS.  They can fuck up just like anyone else.. and there's going to be more uncertainty in the coming gen than there ever was this previous gen.  Google, Amazon, Apple all putting their hands in the pot.  It might be streaming shit now, and arcade shit... but then maybe they announce a console... and big budget games... and start poaching talent away like crazy...

PS2 Sony had nothing to worry about... and then MS came and took them for a ride...

Sony's in a good spot.. but we've seen what happens when companies get arrogant and think that they can do some shit because of their popularity.

sony learned from their mistakes. all they have to do is repeat the ps4 formula.