Confirmed: The Last of Us Part II delayed to Spring 2020 (May 29th, 2020; Official Lemming Rape Day)

7 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Nobody was given the shaft.  The game didn't have a launch date... development took longer because it was a brand new engine which developers have to learn.  Of course they purposely held the game for the Scarlett launch.. That's a smart call... instead of having sweet fuck all for your new console.

Not sure how that constitutes "given the shaft"... Being given the shaft would be the case if the game became Scarlett/PC only and never released on XO... but that's not the case.

Remij.... What we have here is Autistic Cop arguing against himself.....Wiiu owners apparently were shafted because BOTW launched on Switch according to him. New engine, game released on Both.... it was obviously purposely launched with Switch...but no... according to him they got the shaft. 

Same with Halo, it's obvious they want to release it for Scarlet launch.   But given Autistic Cop's own logic.... That means XB1 owners get the shaft. 

The dumbass shit he doubles down on always comes back and bite him in the ass :lawl:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

According to @DynamiteCop!  that only happened because BOTW...... oh I mean Halo used a new engine ... totally unique situation... never happened before :grimaceleft:

Breath of the Wild was delayed two times which amounted to two years beyond the time of its initial planned release. The game was likely completely in 2016 and simply put on the backburner waiting for the Switch to come to market. They had no reason to release it for just the Wii U and every reason to artificially withhold it.

Halo has a traditional 3 year development cycle, however with the development of a new game engine and the restructuring of its identity due to poor 5th entry reception a 5 year cycle appears to be exactly on time for what is required to make it. Do I think Halo Infinite is being held back for Scarlett? No, I think it's still in development, but I do think it will be completed a few months before release of the system so it just naturally ties in. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Breath of the Wild was delayed two times which amounted to two years beyond the time of its initial planned release. The game was likely completely in 2016 and simply put on the backburner waiting for the Switch to come to market. They had no reason to release it for just the Wii U and every reason to artificially withhold it.

Halo has a traditional 3 year development cycle, however with the development of a new game engine and the restructuring of its identity due to poor 5th entry reception a 5 year cycle appears to be exactly on time for what is required to make it. Do I think Halo Infinite is being held back for Scarlett? No, I think it's still in development, but I do think it will be completed a few months before release of the system so it just naturally ties in. 

Yes DynamiteCop.... its just a coincidence that Halo Infinite is a launch title for Scarlett :lemming:

Man you're at the point now where you're arguing about an actual smart business move by MS... just to argue. 

Wait a minute, when those top employees in critical roles were leaving the Halo development, lemmings were telling us that the "game was already being finished" and that it was nothing major about them leaving.

But now, they're trying to say the very opposite and say that "oh well they changed the engine, and so its like re-starting development all over again"

So which is it?  Lemmings are completely contradicting themselves.