Microsoft doubles down on stupidity.

I wish I were a consultant for Microsoft for their social media marketing.

Easy job in the world, and clearly requires little to no expertise on anything.

I'd do half-assed google searches on "what is popular online?" and just slap that shit on an email and tell them that they need to pay millions of dollars for that.

And then send them my invoice for my services.

Honestly though.  Microsoft is a business and mixer is their service.  You all mad because MS is actually investing in their gaming businesses?

MS buys developers and teams and you all laugh at them.  Listen, I know you all want MS to give up and go away but they are staying. Deal with it.

How is this guy going to Mixer a bad thing for MS?  A popular streamer comes to Mixer?  Ah that's bad you say?.. Yeah, for you. :D There could only be one reason for this thread, it's that someone is mad that MS is improving and investing in their gaming division

Scared? :hest:

Edited by Spicalicious
2 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

Honestly though.  Microsoft is a business and mixer is their service.  You all mad because MS is actually investing in their gaming businesses?

MS buys developers and teams and you all laugh at them.  Listen, I know you all want MS to give up and go away but they are staying. Deal with it.

How is guy going to Mixer news for MS or how does it make them stupid?  A popular streamer comes to Mixer?  Ah that's bad.. Yeah, for you. :D There could only be one reason for this thread, it's that someone is mad that MS is improving and investing in their gaming division

Scared? :hest:

Yeah real talk this is reality. 

7 minutes ago, kaz said:

the reality is that xbox has no games and nobody cares about streamer

The reality is that MS is making a comeback and good luck to any company trying to stand in their way.  They've invested BILLIONS into integrated gaming services and cloud.  They are buying up teams and developers and paying for the best minds in computing and game development.

It's all going to come together or a few things will come together next gen.  They'll have their new Xbox out but also their cloud/gaming services/streaming.

Sony and Nintendo are jumping in on Xcloud.  What is there not to believe?

Edited by Spicalicious
3 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

The reality is that MS is making a comeback and good luck to any company trying to stand in their way.  They've invested BILLIONS into integrated gaming services and cloud.  They are buying up teams and developers and paying for the best minds in computing and game development.

It's all going to come together or a few things will come together next gen.  They'll have their new Xbox out but also their cloud/gaming services/streaming.

Sony and Nintendo are jumping in on Xcloud.  What is there not to believe?

thanks tho for proving me right. lol

6 minutes ago, kaz said:

thanks tho for proving me right. lol

Did I not say they are scooping up developers and IP's.  They can set up this service where everybody gets some of MS's games.  Halo on PS.. so what?  More money for MS.

But ultimately MS's goal is to gain that monstrous upper hand and then swoop in with crushing powerful hardware to finally eliminate sony and nintendo and buy up their IP's for penny's on the dollar.

Could be 5-15 years before we see MS completely dominate the gaming market but it's surely going to happen.

Edited by Spicalicious
6 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

Did I not say they are scooping up developers and IP's.  They can set up this service where everybody gets some of MS's games.  Halo on PS.. so what?  More money for MS.

But ultimately MS's goal is to gain that monstrous upper hand and then swoop in with crushing powerful hardware to finally eliminate sony and nintendo and buy up their IP's for penny's on the dollar.

Could be 5-15 years before we see MS completely dominate the gaming market but it's surely going to happen.

next gen is just one big fancy funeral for xbox lol 

• Haha 1

Guys saying this is a stupid move.... lmao no.. it's not.  One or two other big streamers (DrDisrespect and Summit) and then suddenly other streamers start wondering if they should make the move as well... and then viewers start asking "well where's Doc? Where's Summit? Ninja? Shroud?  They're all on Mixer playing Halo Infinite together?  Shit I'll watch..."

They are doing exactly what Epic is doing with the Epic Game Store.  It's not about seeing immediate results... it's chipping away at mindshare.  They're in the news.. they bringing attention to the service/product.. and once you hit a certain point... people just accept that it's part of the pack.  Why the fuck do you guys think Epic is giving away 2 games now every week on their store??   They're building up people's libraries so it's not just a one off launcher... it's now something that they have many games for.. and feel better about purchasing a game there than they would if they had only one or two games.  I have 53 games now on EGS... it's a sizeable little collection for a small amount of time.

It's the same thing here.  If they poach enough of the popular streamers from Twitch, people will become more accepting of the new platform in general.

King Gothalion just announced he's moving to Mixer as well..

He's a good sized Destiny streamer who does a lot of variety stuff as well.

I think it's only a matter of time until Summit1G goes as well and Dr Disrespect.  They'll probably poach that Pokimane bitch too.  After that... the dominoes will fall. :francis: