Most pathetic “offended over blackface” award

Wwe made one of their employees  a shirt. His gimmick is always smiling. Wwe made this shirt and the dude is FREAKING out on Twitter, calling it racist

Then they replaced the shirt, nope, still not happy :kaz:

fucking pathetic. I would fire him immediately 

:D 

Edited by ghostz
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes it clearly is blackface.   Nobody makes a smile design like that unless its A.) The Joker or B.) Blackface.

Actually, it’s become an issue since trump came into office. I work in news, and racism is at its worst since he’s taken office. 

Let's be real here, the dial on racism hasn't moved one bit except downward . What's happened is our hyper sensitive retard culture is finding racism in anything and everything now even when it's not

I wouldn't have given that shirt a second look without being told, but that's pretty funny and I can see why it would be offensive. Don't know why this guy thinks it's some malicious move by Vince, though, since I doubt Vince even knows this guy exists. :D

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

I wouldn't have given that shirt a second look without being told, but that's pretty funny and I can see why it would be offensive. Don't know why this guy thinks it's some malicious move by Vince, though, since I doubt Vince even knows this guy exists. :D

Is the black shirt supposed to be black face, the red the mouth, and the letters the teeth? 

Edited by -GD-
26 minutes ago, -GD- said:

I don’t see anything wrong with the shirt tbh, people are too sensitive. 

First, let me say that I 100% agree that people are too sensitive these days and need to learn to take a joke.

That said, I do see something wrong with this shirt.

Having a bunch of your merchandise out there, associated with your name, that was essentially a spit in the face to you and your race, would definitely not sit well with you.  It's obvious the intent was to make fun... but also done in such a way that it wasn't meant to be immediately apparent to anyone.  Meaning it's shady as fuck.

For me... there's a huge difference between things like that cosplay girl making a really awesome bodysuit of a character she wanted to portray properly... and then they stereotypical blackface shit with the pure black, exaggerated big lips, and white eyes/teeth that's obviously meant to hurt/make fun of people.  I really wish those two things weren't thrown under the same umbrella because there's a huge difference between them.  

I'm not a person of color though.. but if there's one thing I wished, it would be that we could all separate things like this.. so that people who have good intentions, don't need to feel fear that they'll be labeled as racist or other such things, for simply wanting to represent characters and people who are a different race than they are.

But this shirt... it's turning something that should be a positive representation, into something negative.  It's just unnecessary.

Edited by Remij_

I wouldn't have ever picked up on it if I wasn't told but I sort of see it now.

Regardless though, It's his name and character being used so surely it should be something that he is happy to have represent him. He clearly isn't in this case so he's fair to get unhappy about it. 

46 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

First, let me say that I 100% agree that people are too sensitive these days and need to learn to take a joke.

Having a bunch of your merchandise out there, associated with your name, that was essentially a spit in the face to you and your race, would definitely not sit well with you.  It's obvious the intent was to make fun... but also done in such a way that it wasn't meant to be immediately apparent to anyone.  Meaning it's shady as fuck.

For me... there's a huge difference between things like that cosplay girl making a really awesome bodysuit of a character she wanted to portray properly... and then they stereotypical blackface shit with the pure black, exaggerated big lips, and white eyes/teeth that's obviously meant to hurt/make fun of people.  I really wish those two things weren't thrown under the same umbrella because there's a huge difference between them.  

I'm not a person of color though.. but if there's one thing I wished, it would be that we could all separate things like this.. so that people who have good intentions, don't need to feel fear that they'll be labeled as racist or other such things, for simply wanting to represent characters and people who are a different race than they are.

But this shirt... it's turning something that should be a positive representation, into something negative.  It's just unnecessary.

Lots of places use black fabric. It’s not like there’s a piece of fried chicken, some water melon, and the mouth saying “yessum masta” or “imz a good boy” on the shirt.

the shirt wouldn’t look good white either. I hate this current social climate. 

Edited by -GD-
52 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No. No one thought it was racist before until his insecurities were tweeted out for the world to see. it is simply a black colored shirt with his name in the shape of a mouth. 

6 minutes ago, ghostz said:

No. No one thought it was racist before until his insecurities were tweeted out for the world to see. it is simply a black colored shirt with his name in the shape of a mouth. 

I agree. 

14 minutes ago, ghostz said:

:mjpls: 

If you say so brezzy