Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bodycount VII

New XBONE 'physical' copies out now, includes digital code in a minature case for both PC/Bone in one package

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

They were already doing this with cardboard. At least a mini-case is novel.

That's actually kind of neat to be honest, it's better than the little game cards you can buy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's actually kind of neat to be honest, it's better than the little game cards you can buy. 

I mean yea... it wastes more plastic :shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I mean yea... it wastes more plastic :shrug: 

I'd say it might actually waste less because the chances of people keeping this is higher than some card which will immediately go into the bin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'd say it might actually waste less because the chances of people keeping this is higher than some card which will immediately go into the bin

Keeping it is a waste of space :shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's actually kind of neat to be honest, it's better than the little game cards you can buy. 

Yeah. I'm sure it's not a huge subset of people, but I can see somebody who prefers a digital copy to avoid disc swapping or whatever but also wouldn't mind having something to showoff in a collection. I mean Aza does just display empty cases and chuck the discs into a storage container. :ben:

 

Like I have never have and would never buy the digital games on cards, which is whatever since they're clearly meant for kids or people who just prefer cash transactions. I still probably won't buy these, but it gets me a lot closer to the possibility so other than environmental concerns I think it's a win. I also think it looks much better. Fuck the card walls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

Yeah. I'm sure it's not a huge subset of people, but I can see somebody who prefers a digital copy to avoid disc swapping or whatever but also wouldn't mind having something to showoff in a collection. I mean Aza does just display empty cases and chuck the discs into a storage container. :ben:

 

Like I have never have and would never buy the digital games on cards, which is whatever since they're clearly meant for kids or people who just prefer cash transactions. I still probably won't buy these, but it gets me a lot closer to the possibility so other than environmental concerns I think it's a win. I also think it looks much better. Fuck the card walls.

My thoughts exactly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense. Most retailers probably see the Xbox section as a waste of space. Now Microsoft can plead “but but look! We only take up a tiny fraction of your store now, plz keep stocking our games ;( “

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×